Profile Picture

Iclone Lipsyncing to Daz?

Posted By Rich_Crystal 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Rich_Crystal
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
After going through the pipeline tutorial on exporting/importing a Daz character into iclone 6 I animated a character in iclone 6 with lip-syncing and I am trying to export this back into Daz. The BVH file I exported from 3DXchange doesn't seem to have the lip-sync animations but does have the body animations. Does anybody have a tutorial on this process?
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 minutes ago
You would need to export as FBX, but from what I have heard FBX import into DAZ is problematic.

Make sure to export from iClone as MotionPlus in order to see the facial animation.

EDIT: sw00000p was 1 millisecond quicker...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
8 Years Ago by animagic
Rich_Crystal
Rich_Crystal
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
sw00000p -
You actually imported an ic6 character (FBX) into Daz?
...according to rampa, Daz doesn't import (fbx)....only (bvh).

Re: (BVH).... You must make sure the iclone "bvh Profile" match's Daz's "bvh Profile"

animagic -
You would need to export as FBX, but from what I have heard FBX import into DAZ is problematic.
Make sure to export from iClone as MotionPlus in order to see the facial animation.

Thanks for the reply sw00000p and animagic. I have tried exporting FBX and BVH files from 3dXchange into DAZ, both are problematic. With the FBX file the character comes in morphed and is unrecognizable. With the BVH file I matched the iclone BVH profile to the Daz character profile and the character animation comes in perfect except for the lip-sync keyframes. The body movements are there but the mouth movements are not? Any ideas?

Reading This Topic