Profile Picture

Are there any no fluff tutorials for doing a project from start to finish.

Posted By dkanimates 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Are there any no fluff tutorials for doing a project from start to...

Author
dkanimates
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I am trying to get to grips with CTA3 using the trial so I can justify spending $200+ Canadian on it. I've watched the feature videos and the UI stuff but I haven't really go into how to put it all together. How do I animate a character then add it to a scene and get the camera moving? How do I create a new scene? 

I'd love a good direct tutorial on creating a quick project from start to finish. Animations, lip syncing, prop stuff but all together.

Is there any good Youtube channels for that? Or should I be watching CTA 2 stuff more? 
lesdodds
lesdodds
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
dkanimates (11/18/2016)
I am trying to get to grips with CTA3 using the trial so I can justify spending $200+ Canadian on it. I've watched the feature videos and the UI stuff but I haven't really go into how to put it all together. How do I animate a character then add it to a scene and get the camera moving? How do I create a new scene? 

I'd love a good direct tutorial on creating a quick project from start to finish. Animations, lip syncing, prop stuff but all together.

Is there any good Youtube channels for that? Or should I be watching CTA 2 stuff more? 

Try these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KnSHMHFvcw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUdnH-_qGG8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvSmca6sI9A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa9fDBwcDOU&list=PLNV5zSFadPdmE_qSPdOuQLkOFrfgVIGAf

LesterSmile
 My YouTube
My Facebook
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
-Walt Disney
Edited
8 Years Ago by lesdodds
robert_madrid
robert_madrid
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)Senior Member (494 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
see also CTA2: Multi Scene Tutorial:
https://youtu.be/_3VNURoNghU
megdmwick
megdmwick
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I too agree. Most of the tutorials are outdated and support elements are poor. It's a great tool with lot of potential.But they should have made proper tutorials before launching.
It's not a small price either. 
coolhewitt24
coolhewitt24
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I absolutely agree that the tutorials are outdated.  I've waiting for Reallusion to create more tutorials about character creation.  I'm kind curious why Reallusion didn't release all the new tutorials with the launch of CTA3.  I find my self struggling a little bit with character creation but not as bad as before. I'll be doing a couple of tutorials on my YouTube Channel soon. I found an awesome site that really help you understand that basic make up of a character in PNG format.

Good luck everyone with the new software.
coolhewitt
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Welcome to Reallusion folks, that's just how they operate.  In fact, the tutorials are rarely actually tutorials, as they're more along the lines of marketing fluff, showing off features in the app as opposed to actually teaching anyone the best use of or the best way of using such and such feature...
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
A the time of writing there are five CTA3 specific tutorials available plus many more CTA2 tutorials. The CTA2 tutorials are still very much relevant because all the features of CTA2 are included in CTA3.

We will of course have more tutorials to come but producing video tutorials takes time and if had we had waited until all tutorials were ready it would have delayed the release of CTA3 for many months. I would also advise taking time to go through the Online Manual. All features are covered in this to help get you started.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

arose
arose
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi, I have purchased the standard version and am now re-downloading because at first the programm was extremely slow in opening on windows7 , then did not open at all any more.  There is no manual, only online, everything like masking is far too slow. Very disappointed
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Strumpf (11/22/2016)
Hi, I have purchased the standard version and am now re-downloading because at first the programm was extremely slow in opening on windows7 , then did not open at all any more.  There is no manual, only online, everything like masking is far too slow. Very disappointed

Hi.. CTA3 shouldn't be running slow providing you meet the recommended specifications HERE.

If you are having technical issues, please contact our Technical Support department using the link below. They will be able to advise you regarding this issue.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

arose
arose
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I saw the advert and immediately bought cta3 standard, hoping that it would be a fantastically advanced cta pro and cta2;  so far I am extremely disappointed, as the tutorials only seem to talk about the expensive cta3 pro-version and/or pipeline. I find cta3 extremely slow to load and operate, there is no useful manual or video tutorial unless you spend as much money as you are considering. So far I had always bought the pro versions (also the proversion of I-clone5), but this time the money is too much especially as the dollar rates high against some currencies.  I would wait a little - unless you get a special bonus - with buying cta3 as they first have iron out all the glitches and provide some useful tuition for non-pros.

Reading This Topic