Profile Picture

Are there any no fluff tutorials for doing a project from start to finish.

Posted By dkanimates 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Are there any no fluff tutorials for doing a project from start to...

Author
MikeyMo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I have mixed feelings on the tutorials.

I've been in the training business for 20yrs. We never launch a new program without including a comprehensive training solution. They go hand-in-hand. Corporations seem to either forget or undervalue training as a means to income generating opportunities. Customers (users) who need just a little help in understanding the product can become well versed advocates for it if given the opportunity to learn, develop, then produce 'cool stuff'. Instead, frustration mounts due to a lack of 'formal' training from the product owner. Usage goes down, sales go nowhere, and you're back supporting the same client base you started with two versions ago. Whether or not this will happen to RL remains to be seen.

With that being said, I always assume that I am on my own when purchasing software. I can't assume that everyone has a training program, or training anything for that matter. I do know that if there was a RL "start to finish" training program (like let's build something from scratch), and not a 'half-baked' sort of 'adhoc' youtube video, it would help me out a ton and I'd probably be a lot farther down the road. I didn't have experience building animation with scenes and characters. It seemed like a good idea for my own training programs. I know how to use all the supporting applications (Illustrator, Flash, etc), but not the actual development tool (CTA). So I am still struggling a bit.

I think it's a great idea for us to band together to get something off the ground to help ourselves and the CTA community.
MikeyMo
MikeyMo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Subscribed!

Smile
Edited
8 Years Ago by MikeyMo
coolhewitt24
coolhewitt24
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
To Mikey Mo

I regularly provide criticism about professional standards. This software company could be making a lot of money but they don't want put a lot effort into the business. The company just launched ICLONE 7 which will most likely be given priority over CTA3.  I'm sure CTA3 tutorials will be put on the back burner for awhile. I personally haven't had any problem with the software so far. I'm surprised to see that there are no new tutorials on their YouTube Channel since YouTube is basically free to upload.  It's a wait and approach now because no knows the companies plan. I just complete three G3 Christmas characters.  I found them easy to make but rigging a lot more complicated.

Have a great weekend everyone.  Its get cold and dark outside. Sort like the feeling of forum topic.
coolhewitt23
dkanimates
dkanimates
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Thanks Garry, and TET. I think I was confused about what CTA was in general. I thought it was an all in one animation production software. If creating single scenes, exporting them and then stitching them together in a video editor is how it is suppose to be done then it does make more sense to me now.
garrypye
garrypye
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
More than welcome, Dkanimates. Glad to be of help.

Garry Pye
www.facebook.com/garrypyeanimations?ref=bookmarks

Reading This Topic