appearance editor/custom texture maps reverting to default

Posted By annasophiachristianahahn 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

appearance editor/custom texture maps reverting to default

Author
annasophiachristianahahn
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hello

I am new to iclone so I'm sure I'm doing something stupid/missing one little step- every time I load a custom texture map for the diffuse input on a piece of hair, an actor's skin, or clothing and then go to activate the appearance editor the new texture map either disappears or reverts to the original default map for that object. How can I get the Appearance Editor to work with the custom texture maps that I've assigned?
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
annasophiachristianahahn (11/16/2016)
Hello

I am new to iclone so I'm sure I'm doing something stupid/missing one little step- every time I load a custom texture map for the diffuse input on a piece of hair, an actor's skin, or clothing and then go to activate the appearance editor the new texture map either disappears or reverts to the original default map for that object. How can I get the Appearance Editor to work with the custom texture maps that I've assigned?

Do you change the diffuse map in iClone? In order to export a character to iClone, the textures are flattened and can no longer be changed in the Appearance editor (which uses Substance). You can change those textures in iClone, but they are no longer editable in CC. You can only make changes with CC. I have to run, more later.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

annasophiachristianahahn
annasophiachristianahahn
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)Junior Member (233 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Thanks for your reply. I changed the diffuse maps in character creator and was using appearance editor in character creator. In order to get the textures to stay do I need to do something weird like send them to iclone then re-open the character in character creator?
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
annasophiachristianahahn (11/16/2016)
Thanks for your reply. I changed the diffuse maps in character creator and was using appearance editor in character creator. In order to get the textures to stay do I need to do something weird like send them to iclone then re-open the character in character creator?

So, I just tried that and that seems to be the way it works. You can make changes in the Appearance Editor, but not replace the textures themselves.

I even tried saving the default character with other textures and then reloading. The textures are still there, but when I invoke the Appearance Editor they revert to the original default.

I don't think exporting to iClone and reimporting would work, because exporting "bakes" the contribution of the Appearance Editor into the textures. When you then import again and try to invoke the Appearance Editor, it will replace those textures.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic