Profile Picture

Can iclone use 2d mouths on 3d faces?

Posted By skorn 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
skorn
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
The most difficult thing to pull off in 3d is good facial animation. In other big 3d programs you can create put 2d mouth shapes/eyes on 3d characters. For example from Lego animation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbMOf9Zwnpk#t=13

Can this be done in Iclone?

Thanks!

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

Welcome to the forum, and sure, you could do that by attaching an animated 2D face texture to 3D object Smile

Edited
8 Years Ago by pumeco
skorn
skorn
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)

pumeco (11/15/2016)

Welcome to the forum, and sure, you could do that by attaching an animated 2D face texture to 3D object Smile

Thanks for answering! Do you have any video tutorial of this process? Or at least a video where this was used?

Thank you!
pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Come to think of it, I don't know of a tutorial for doing that specifically, but all you need to do is read-up on how to attach video textures to objects.
I don't know if Marco will spot this thread, but he used the technique you're after in his iClone video :

skorn
skorn
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

pumeco (11/15/2016)

Come to think of it, I don't know of a tutorial for doing that specifically, but all you need to do is read-up on how to attach video textures to objects.
I don't know if Marco will spot this thread, but he used the technique you're after in his iClone video :

Thanks!

Is it possible to attach different images and keyframe them INSIDE iclone? Or do i need to make the video textures outside iclone and then import them already animated? If so, that wouldnt be so sweet because any modification would mean that i have to go back to that other software and make modifications and then import it again. Again,thanks for your answers!

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Not sure about that, skorn, sorry.  But if there's no official way to do it, I suppose a sneaky way would be to make an object for each expression that you want to hold in a texture, then keyframe the visibility on/off for each object so that you get a sequence of expressions or whatever you're wanting to get.  Sounds elaborate, but if you had, say, only four basic expressions for the lips, that's not too bad to handle.  It would get tedious if you did it a lot, but that's the only way I can think of.

If anyone knows tricks for this sort of thing it would probably be Bellatrix or Rampa cause it almost certainly involves timeline tricks.

Edited
8 Years Ago by pumeco
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
What I have done is use videos on parallel plane and then control the visibility. For multiple videos a single plane you could adjust the opacity.

Is there a specific reason to go this way rather then use iClone's lip-synching and facial animation directly? 3DTest has created morph set for CC characters that greatly improves the facial animation capabilities.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic