Profile Picture

Windows 7 - won't install

Posted By steve 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
steve
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 14 Years Ago
I have been using CrazyTalk 5 SE just fine, so I have upgraded to CrazyTalk 6. However, the installer won't run Sad

I double-click the installer and Windows 7 asks the usual question - do I want to install. I agree and the window closes. From here, nothing happens at all.

In Task Manager, I see the program start, along with 2 dllhost processes. They end in just a few seconds.

I have tried to run the installer in Vista and Windows XP mode, but this does not work either.

Has anyone seen this, are there any solutions?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Steve,

As the problem is happening with all operating systems you have tried, this would seem to point to a possible faulty installer. Try re-downloading the installer and try again. This might make a difference.

You could also try right clicking on the Crazytalk 6 installer (.exe) and choose Run As Administrator. It shouldn't be required but is worth a try to see if it will complete installation.

If you continue to have problems, please use the support form below to request assistance from Technical Support. They will be able to guide you further with this issue.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

steve
steve
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)

As the problem is happening with all operating systems you have tried, this would seem to point to a possible faulty installer

Justto clarify, this was Vista and XP mode within Windows 7.
cookie
cookie
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Having the same problems as Steve. CrazyTalk 6 Pro won't install.

64-bit Vista Home Premium v 6.0 (Build 6002: Service Pack 2) says "Setup.exe has stopped running" even though the setup program is called CrazyTalk6PRO_Enu.

Things we've already tried.

Renaming file and re-downloading
Runing as administrator.
Compatibility mode (XP SP2).
Disable anti-virus/firewall
Downloading the free demo and attempting install.

We've also tried the same install, in the same ways, on other systems and O/S as noted:

32-bit Vista Home Premium 6.0.6002 SP2
Windows 7 Home Premium v 6.1.7600
cookie
cookie
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

We have isloated the problem. It IS a combination of Direct-X 10, which is native to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista, and the downloaded install file. We found out by downloading the demo from Softonic, which wanted to install Direct-x v9, but at least it tried to do the install. It appears the install download, presently available from Reallusion, is satisified to find Direct-X v10 but doesn't work with it.

We have submitted a tech-assist request and will update it with this info.
Edited
14 Years Ago by cookie
cookie
cookie
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

The installation of Direct-X 9 did not resolve the problem with the purchased Crazy Talk Pro v6 but the demo program downloaded from Softonic is working and will allegedly last for 10 days while tech support is evaluating the problem.
george_20100426130800235
george_20100426130800235
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

I have installed on to windows 7 and all looks good until I output. The end result is a blank animation apart from the lips and eyes with sound... did I miss something? I have installed DirectX9, perhaps this is my problem.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

george_20100426130800235 (4/26/2010)
I have installed on to windows 7 and all looks good until I output. The end result is a blank animation apart from the lips and eyes with sound... did I miss something? I have installed DirectX9, perhaps this is my problem.

Please make sure you have updated your graphics drivers to the latest available. This will normally make a big difference. The installation of DirectX9 will not normally cause any problems.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

cookie (4/3/2010)
The installation of Direct-X 9 did not resolve the problem with the purchased Crazy Talk Pro v6 but the demo program downloaded from Softonic is working and will allegedly last for 10 days while tech support is evaluating the problem.

Hi Cookie,

Did you get this problem resolved with Support?

Please let us know if you continue to have problems.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic