Need Help With Sprite Head Creation in CTA3PRO

Posted By scott_80 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
scott_80
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (808 reputation)Veteran Member (808 reputation)Veteran Member (808 reputation)Veteran Member (808 reputation)Veteran Member (808 reputation)Veteran Member (808 reputation)Veteran Member (808 reputation)Veteran Member (808 reputation)Veteran Member (808 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello, everyone! I just purchased CTA3PRO and I'm new to it. I have a background in video production and can create graphics as needed for my project. However, building my project in CTA3PRO from scratch is stumping me.

I need to create a head/face-only project. Should be pretty simple, I hope.

Can anyone point me to a good tutorial to create a sprite head/face from scratch?

Thanks in advance! 
Scott
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Scott,

There are several ways to create heads in CTA3 including different methods for G1, G2 and the latest G3 characters. This includes both sprite and morph (photo) based head creation. Video tutorials covering these different methods are coming but for now why not take a look at the Online Manual which covers the new G3 sprite head creation method.

Please see the chapter HERE to get started. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

scott_80
scott_80
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (808 reputation)Veteran Member (808 reputation)Veteran Member (808 reputation)Veteran Member (808 reputation)Veteran Member (808 reputation)Veteran Member (808 reputation)Veteran Member (808 reputation)Veteran Member (808 reputation)Veteran Member (808 reputation)

I've reviewed most of the manual and watched the tutorials available online. These all show editing or modifying existing characters with existing elements.

How do I create a new character (head only) and add my sprite/vector graphics like eyes, mouth, etc?
lesdodds
lesdodds
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
scott_80 (11/10/2016)
I've reviewed most of the manual and watched the tutorials available online. These all show editing or modifying existing characters with existing elements.

How do I create a new character (head only) and add my sprite/vector graphics like eyes, mouth, etc?

You can replace the elements of an existing G3 head with the Sprite Editor to create a new one. In Composer Mode.w00t

LesterSmile
 My YouTube
My Facebook
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
-Walt Disney
scott_80
scott_80
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Lester, that's actually what I'm trying to do. Replacing the elements works but the eye Pupil doesn't move. 

Reading This Topic