07. CrazyTalk Animator 3.0 - Grand Launch

Posted By Ola(RL) 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (68.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (68.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (68.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (68.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (68.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (68.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (68.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (68.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (68.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Gazzzzzzzz (11/19/2016)
HI Peter, I don't want to really ask this question - but here goes, what is the best way to get CTA3 to recognised all the previous 2d packs already purchased and installed ? 
Is it completely re-install all old packs again?  I suppose I could try to move the files into the correct folders ...but I never understand where RL install their files.  I install the application on F drive, some still goes in C: some on F.....I figure it's a random Drive selection thing  :-)  Thnx Garry

The locations of your program and content files is shown during installation (and can be changed). By default CTA3 and CTA2 content will be installed in the template folders below and then in sub-folders like Character, Props Scene etc .

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\CrazyTalk Animator 3 Template\
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\CrazyTalk Animator 2 Template\

However if you are not comfortable copying content from CTA2 to CTA3 then it is advised to reinstall to avoid problems

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (68.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (68.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (68.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (68.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (68.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (68.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (68.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (68.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (68.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
PrivA (11/23/2016)

Look guys, the interface is fancy; some of the new tricks are amazing. unfortunately, not only does the new release have bugs but the upgrade price for members is also totally unfair. of course, anyone can walk away...but remember it's not a good look at all. 

with all due respect, i refuse to report bugs because I am not getting paid to QA. you guys should have released a beta version first. and, if you did, then more prospects are going to associate stress with your company name as certain issues popup. most unfortunately, it's logical to remove the cta3 program altogether.

also, please don't ban comments that are contradictory to your marketing. not only will the word get out fast, but also the forum, in which you built, should be used on your end to evolve your company. for sure, you guys need to conduct a QA immediately, re-release a different version with improvements and lower the price for impending prospects, take care of your existing customers because they are all going to find bugs. i doubt your company is purposely trying to stress out professionals, but this is about to be the case. do not make yourself a real illusion. 

Thank you for the feedback.

Unfortunately there were a few teething issues with the initial 3.0 release that affected some users, but there has already been one update 3.01 which fixed the major issues. There will also be further updates to correct any other outstanding issues. As it stands now CTA3 should be fully usable by the vast majority of users.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

soytinatiu
soytinatiu
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
[b]The locations of your program and content files is shown during installation (and can be changed). By default CTA3 and CTA2 content will be installed in the template folders below and then in sub-folders like Character, Props Scene etc .

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\CrazyTalk Animator 3 Template\
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\CrazyTalk Animator 2 Template\

However if you are not comfortable copying content from CTA2 to CTA3 then it is advised to reinstall to avoid problems

I used to use the default for content, but now have next to no space on the main drive and tons on another drive. Is there a way to change it after the fact or only during installation?
Edited
4 Years Ago by soytinatiu
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.5K reputation)

soytinatiu (11/23/2016)
I used to use the default for content, but now have next to no space on the main drive and tons on another drive. Is there a way to change it after the fact or only during installation?

The only way to do that is by changing the registry, so you must be comfortable with that.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1f3bed13-1788-45e1-9ace-4fd0.jpg

soytinatiu
soytinatiu
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)

animagic (11/23/2016)
soytinatiu (11/23/2016)

The only way to do that is by changing the registry, so you must be comfortable with that.

Thanks! I'm somewhat comfortable with that. If you or someone could go over that briefly it would be greatly appreciated. I'm using windows btw, and also have several products registered if that makes a difference. I see several files using regedit.... what file should I be looking for if you know off-hand? I've found more than one listed for a single program, and that would come in handy.
Thanks.
Edited
soytinatiu
soytinatiu
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I had another question I probably posted in the wrong place but I'm sure other's share it besides me. I like to reflect varied types of characters from all walks of life, such as tall short young old, black white Chinese Hispanic etc etc etc. There are a number of really good characters on the market for this, and even some new animals starting with power tools and then some other ones out there.
Like many artists, I like and appreciate these, but also want to make my own, and make a variety as opposed. It appears CTA makes this easier, though I still need to investigate it a little more. In past versions there was an option to squish figures down in to hobbit or stretch them up. That can really come in handy sometimes, especially since it had a slider that allowed for making the effect less or more prevalent. Does anyone know if this feature still exists as I can't find it. 
Edited
lageva3
lageva3
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
That's sweet, great job!

Reading This Topic