Profile Picture

CTA 3 is close to release. We've seen some awesome stuff in the two parts videos however.

Posted By dkanimates 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

CTA 3 is close to release. We've seen some awesome stuff in the two...

Author
dkanimates
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I'd really like to know about character creation. Will it be a lot easier than before? the free bone creation makes it look like it but creating proper characters wasn't really shown. Will this have a lot of the same workflows as CTA2 with a few big new features like the ones shown or can we expect a ton of new stuff? 

I used CTA 2 a while ago for a while but never got really into it. This one seems like it'll be even easier to jump in and get animating so I am interested in picking this version up to make some content with my son and daughter.
coolhewitt24
coolhewitt24
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I absolutely agree with dkanimates. The character creation must be sufficiently less complicated or they must include more characters in the library. I basically gave up on character creation because I wasn't able to solve various issues related to rigging the body. The new bones remind me of flash characteristics.  I hope the new CTA 3  character creation tutorials specifically start character creation with illustrator and move along the Adobe workflow until finishing in CTA 3. There is no point judging their tutorials or software yet because its still a little while before its released but hopefully people are more happier with CTA3 than CTA2.   Hopefully with CTA 3 they are able to create a complete and full set of tutorials covering all functions of the software.

It nice to see your post about character creation. It's the most frustrating part of CTA 2 and I hope the trend doesn't continue in CTA 3.
have a good week everyone.
barrie_mcdermid
barrie_mcdermid
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (710 reputation)Veteran Member (710 reputation)Veteran Member (710 reputation)Veteran Member (710 reputation)Veteran Member (710 reputation)Veteran Member (710 reputation)Veteran Member (710 reputation)Veteran Member (710 reputation)Veteran Member (710 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I'm suspect that the character creation will be simpler.  I've seen Gary Pye has a new set of characters out and I know he shied away from too many G@ characters because of the time element and he works with Drawplus.  At least I don't think he's a Flash guy.

He has a number of characters ready for release, so unless he's found a delorean with a flux capacitor, I'm guessing the process is quicker.

dkanimates
dkanimates
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I'm suspect that the character creation will be simpler.  I've seen Gary Pye has a new set of characters out and I know he shied away from too many G@ characters because of the time element and he works with Drawplus.  At least I don't think he's a Flash guy.

He has a number of characters ready for release, so unless he's found a delorean with a flux capacitor, I'm guessing the process is quicker.

Oh, this is an intriguing insight. It's either it got easier to create characters for him or he's adding fresh new content to cash in on the new release hype. People like new stuff. 

I guess we'll see pretty soon!
Edited
8 Years Ago by dkanimates
garrypye
garrypye
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi guys. Thought I'd chime in since my name came up. Dkanimates, for anyone who has wanted to get in to character creation but found the G2 character creation process too time consuming (me included), then CTA3 is going to be a pleasant surprise. I have found that the process of creating characters for CTA3 is a fun and creative process, rather than tedious, technical and hair-pulling. Don't get me wrong, I also really enjoyed creating all of my G2 characters like Dan, Harvey and Wendy, but since I am not a Flash user (as cleverly picked up by Barrie) I had to do the process manually, which has a steep learning curve for someone with my inability to read 'how-to' documents. With CTA3, I have been able to focus on just being creative, which is what I got in to all this for in the first place. CTA3 has bought the fun back in to my content creation when it comes to characters.

I agree with CoolHewiit when he says of Reallusion "There is no point judging their tutorials or software yet because its still a little while before its released". When its released, like any software, there will be those who love it (like me) and those who just make it their business to whinge and complain because, well, that's what they do. There are always going to be more features and capabilities that i would like included in future versions of CTA, but I would rather spend my time getting the most out what IS included, rather than whining about what's NOT in there. But that's just me. i adapt.

And no Barrie, I have not found a Delorean with a flux capacitor (would be nice though). You are correct that the reason I have so many new characters ready for release when CTA3 gets the green light, is because the process is quicker. I love the process. It works the way my brain works. Simple. And for the record, I create all of my art with Photoshop, Drawplus and CorelDraw.

Dkanimates, you are correct on both fronts. Yes, the process got easier to create characters. AND I'm adding fresh new content to cash in on the new release hype. In fact, I have a new human character names Jack Danger coming out, a new non-human character named Seymour coming out, and my biggest announcement is the release of my new series of characters called Little Mates. On CTA3's release i should hopefully have at least four Little Mates ready to go. Each has a unique look, but are part of a themed series (like the Buddys World characters, Lego figurines or Smurfs) and each is fully lipped synched and has a wide range of hand gestures and facial animation 9not facial puppeteering. I'm still not a big user of that.)

If you'd like to follow the Little Mates and more of my content................. insert drum roll for blatant self promotion here ................... visit my CTA Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/garrypyeanimations/ and also, don't forget to grab all my free content lurking about the Marketplace.

Thanks for the chat guys. https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6dc5093e-edc4-4162-9d4f-4438.jpg

Garry Pye
www.facebook.com/garrypyeanimations?ref=bookmarks

Reading This Topic