buying content from the store

Posted By woody173 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
woody173
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi i have been using iClone 6 for a bit now and seem to have the same problem everytime. 
I try and purchase something from the content store download it using the downloader and then come to use it on my attempt at creating a character and BOOMMMMM cant find what i have just bought. 
I was wondering if anyone else seems to find the hierarchy structure in the templates hard to find stuff? I was wondering at some point someone could manage a quick tutorial on how to make a descent hierarchy so things are easier to find. 

So now back to my problem. Can anyone tell me how to find my corporate suits download i have just paid for from content store? I have done numerous searches but it doesnt seem to be their.
Its probably just me being thick again....it definitely wouldnt be the first time LOL

Thanks for your guidance.

Woody
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Whenever you buy and download content there is a log file you can open that lists the content downloaded and the location where saved
Image shows what I mean
As for the corporate suits. If you mean the one on Alleys store then these are G5 caharacters. I haven't used them for a while but if memory serves me correctly, these are material files that you need to add to chucks clone cloth base products. Which also means you need to have bought the G5 Clone cloth for Chuck in order to use these materials.
So
You load chuck into iClone.
Add the base clone cloths to chuck  these are listed in the Corporate suits product page on Alley's store.
Select one of the clone cloth base meshes and in the modify panel choose the textures tab and under Material list click the load button
The files for the should be somewhere in icloneTemplate\MaterialsLib
Probably in one of the folders called Lower, Upper, Shoes etc   (depending on the base mesh)

Gee I hope my memory is good. LOL
You should also be able to find instructions for this for on the iclone online documentation
And I think alley has some video tutorial about how to do this on her portal

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
8 Years Ago by Delerna
woody173
woody173
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Hi thanks for the help
I eventually found the files in the hierarchy but as you pointed out they wont work on my old character i created in Character Creator it just replaces the materials for his body.....Really really weird to see to say the least. So next question now i have wasted my money yet again. where do i find a suit i can use for CC characters. I hope your not going to say i have to spend loads and loads of money on yet another pack i will have to add to iClone. https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/123d9cf9-5192-42f0-8ed3-6a9d.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a7b922e0-7bc2-45c5-b4a5-0997.png

The full bits i needed only fit chuck not a CC character and SHOCK its yet another $100 I think this is probably the most expensive piece of crap software i have ever been conned into purchasing. their should be a law against selling items that end up costing thousands to do the simplest of things.

Edited
8 Years Ago by woody173
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Yea that's because the UV maps between G5 Clone cloth and CC clothes are different.
The UV maps define where on the mesh to put the textures.

There are 3 ways to get outfits for CC
1) Make them yourself.
2) Re texture current clothing that you have
3) (sorry) Purchase clothes from some ones content store

Oh, you can also import clothes from other software such as DAZ

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
woody173
woody173
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

but to do some of the things you are suggesting i have to purchase 3DXChange. Im not a business just a hobbyist and think the expensive addons you need to do the simplest of things is totally unreasonable. Gonna finally give up on iClone and post on Facebook a massive warning to make people aware of the massive costs involved in doing animations for your grand kids.

Thanks for your help though its not a dig at you personally but at Reallusions crap marketing ploy
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

OK, not having a dig back but I don't agree with that.
iClone is a tool for making animations. It comes with a basic amount of content so that you can get started making videos.
In order to get more content then you either need to make your own or buy it. All 3D software is like that.
Unity and Unreal Engine are tools for making games. They come with a basic amount of content so that you can get started making games
In order to get more content then you either need to make your own or buy it

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
comment retracted.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
8 Years Ago by animagic
Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

These websites have free models but you will need 3d exchange ...
free
http://tf3dm.com/3d-models/all
free
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/?hl=en

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
FWIW I am buying only the bases from the Reallusion packs that I need, you can find them in the marketplace. I plan to get the blazer for example, but I don't need much else right now. That is $5 instead of $150. CC makes texturing so easy and IMO I would do it no matter the presets that come with the full pack. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My system: i7 3770 Gtx1060 6GB

Reading This Topic