iclone 6.52 crashes when in indigo render settings

Posted By workhorse 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 34 minutes ago
workhorse (10/30/2016)
hi guys my iclone 6.52 crashes without an error message (sometimes with crash message sometimes with no message and it just closes) Im trying to change the indigo setting to Range and as soon as I press the range button it crashes every time . This is very frustrating as I just purchased over a thousand dollars worth of software off you . I have also send 5 emails to sales@reallusion.com explaining my issue and I have had no response at all . i7 with 16g and 4gb ge force

We are very sorry about the problems with Indigo RT.

We are aware of an issue since the 6.52 update where changing Indigo settings will cause a crash. As we have now isolated the issue we plan to fix it in a patch this coming Tuesday or Wednesday. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Regarding sending emails for support, this is not advised as it will delay getting a reply. The best way to get support is to use the Support Form below. You will then get a reply within 48 hours (Monday to Friday). Thanks.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

workhorse
workhorse
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Ok great I look forward to the patch coming out tomorrow or the next day . I just found out indigo also crashes when I try and change any settings , not just for image sequences but also for still images so it really is good for nothing but a headache and still cost me a pretty penny so an apology from reallusion is really not a form of compensation. I tried to change the resolution for a still images render in indigo setting within iclone plugin and yet again the program crashed and dissapeared , my work was once again lost and not able to be retrieved  . The fact that it does not even crash properly (meaning there is no way to restore the work I lost) is a really really big problem . I think a refund for the software is in order as compensation/credit for the huge mess around and loss of work . I paid for working software . I watched Kai's tutorials on youtube which inspired me to purchase indigo suite . It worked perfectly for him and mislead me to think it would work for rmyself.  One member suggested he reinstalled the iclone pro and the promblem was solved . If I had a dollar for every time I had to reinstall this software to try and solve a bug I would have like $120 . I spend a lot of time installing freebies and what not . I dont want to spend another whole day trying to solve reallusions problems free of charge. All that aside I still love the software from reallusion regardless of the buggy unrealiable products. Im am a lifetime customer and will work through all the problems as they arise with reallusion as I understand new software does have bugs. But I really think reallusion should do more than just apologize and think that is a satisfactory compensation for all the time and headaches they have caused . At least call them beta versions if you know they are full of bugs . They are obviously not tested properly before they are sold. 

Sorry to have to call you out Reallusion , I still love your work and will remain a loyal customer regardless of the problems. 

Regards 

Django Sikora (workhorse)
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Asking a company to compensate all their customers in case a bug is introduced is simply unrealistic.
You can get a compensation only if you have a signed agreement with them that protects you from this kind of situations.
For big business it happens and sometimes the business does not take off exactly because the requested penalties are too high.

RL promised to solve the issues (Indigo and Timeline) in 1 week from the new update release: I am happy with it.

last word of notice: Job (Animagic) created a system restore point before the update... very wise approach!

GOLDEN RULES:

1. save every "N" minutes your work, not every N hours ;-)
2. if your project targets a business and you have a deadline with a customer, unless the new update solves a severe blocking point, do not update, or at least follow rule nr. 3
3. Always make a restore point before any SW, driver, or Windows updates

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

workhorse
workhorse
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

I understand Roberto and thank you for your reply and I will take your advice . I will be saving my work much more often. Sorry to complain . I do not wan't to get the reputation of an unreasonable person . I was just very frustrated at the time I lost my work . Hope the new update fixes the problem :-)
Kindest regards 

D.Sikora

workhorse
workhorse
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

PROBLEM FIXED THANK YOU REALLUSION FOR YOUR PROMPT ACTION ON THIS ISSUE !!!!!!! YAY !!!!!!!!!!!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 34 minutes ago
workhorse (11/1/2016)
PROBLEM FIXED THANK YOU REALLUSION FOR YOUR PROMPT ACTION ON THIS ISSUE !!!!!!! YAY !!!!!!!!!!!

Great to hear Indigo export is now working correctly. Thanks for letting us know. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic