What's New in iClone 6.52

Posted By Peter (RL) 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
pedrosura (10/28/2016)
Peter,
I am sorry but I uninstalled it and put back 6.51. I am working on a few Scenes and it's unworkable not to be able to see iAvatar tracks. My screen looks like yours but I can not see anything other than Project tracks. Did you install a patch or a full install that you may have access to??

I updated my copy but also ran a separate full install on another computer just to check. Neither shows this issue so its a bit of a head scratcher. We will be doing further tests to try and see why some have this issue but most (it seems) do not. As soon as I have more information I will update again.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

pedrosura
pedrosura
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 days ago
I can also try to do a clean install of 6.52. Maybe I will do that. 
Alley
Alley
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
With the update, I can no longer import an .ini file that was saved without iClone crashing.  Can anyone else try this?  In case old .ini were not compatible, I exported a new one after setting the collisions and it crashed iClone.  A simple test is -
1) Open Natalie
2) Click on Collision Shapes and "Export" her .ini file (top right file folder)
3) Now import the .ini.....CRASH.
Would be interested to know if it's just me or an actual issue with the update.

Alley

Zeronimo
Zeronimo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hi Alley,

I have exactly the same problem.
iClone crash after import the .ini
youre not alone
Alley
Alley
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Thank you for checking. Smile

It's been confirmed by others also.  Apparently if you import the .ini file without "Show Active Shapes" checked, it seems to import fine.  However, start to play an animation and it crashes.

Alley

Edited
8 Years Ago by Alley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Here's what I tried.

Doing as Alley outlined, I got the same crash.

I then tried hitting the "reset" just to the left of "load". This removes all collision shapes. I was then able to load the ini without crashing. I have all the shapes visible and enabled. But I cannot edit the shapes with the gizmo tools, or see them. The indicator shows that all the shapes are present. If I then turn collision off and back on, they become visible and can be edited just fine with the gizmos. They work just fine when I run.

So it seems a little buggy, but there is a workable work-a-round.
Kemal_topal06
Kemal_topal06
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
iClone v6.52 does not work after updating indigo RT. Help please.
pinguintje
pinguintje
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
@Peter Edwards

Hoi Peter,
Thank you for the quick reply.

Today I did a clean install of the full  iClone version 6.52, the Resource Pack and the Bonus.
But that didn't help me.
In my current project (that I started in version 6.51) the camera doesn't show up in the timeline. When I add a new camera: the same problem.

When I create a new project, the camera shows up in the timeline. So, for a new project I think no problem.

But  the characters in the timeline  still are a problem.
Before version 6.52 a Character always had checked the boxes Collect Clip, tranform and motion in the timeline. In version 6.52 these items are not automaticly checked. When I add  these checks and others (left or right hand, MotionLayer etc.) they disappear and I have to check them again.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4cabe0ab-297d-4213-a8b5-a949.jpg

When I drag Natalie in the scene, I see this in the timeline (Skirt and Dress). I have to click on Natalie to get her in the timeline, and then I have to check the boxes I want to see.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f004f48d-dc51-4f02-b69f-84a1.jpg

These are some examples.
It's for me a little bit difficult to explain things, because english is not my first language.

I think there is something wrong with the timeline in 6.52. I saw also other threads in this forum about this problem.
I hope RL will fix this soon,
Without a camera it is impossible to create a project.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Arie

Edit:
At the moment I can't select characters and camera's in the timeline (In a new project).
For the first time I can't work in iClone.SadSadSad
Edited
8 Years Ago by pinguintje
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi RL/Peter,

no doubt the new update has crated problem to the timeline for projects created with v. 6.51 !!
I am experiencing the following: when I click the Track Menu List button of the timeline, the list of asset appears (the number of asset is high so that I need to scroll in order to display the one at the bottom of the list), but then, when i scroll through it an try to activate some assets at the bottom, iClone wrongly selects some assets at the top, like if the piece of code responsible for the selection does not take care of the user interface scrolling applied to the track menu list.
I reported the same as a comment of the Issue 781 in the Feedback Tracker.

EDIT: Some more infos. 
I found that if I click a group of assets in the track menu list (e.g. the group "Props") in order to minimize the group, then somehow I am able to activate the assets at the bottom.
I have not a precise work-around, just randomly clicking some asset groups re-enable the selection of the assets at the bottom.
Anyway, it is clear that the SW handling the GUI events from the Track menu List has some issue and shall be fixed.

Pls, fix it asap

Thanks
Regards

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
8 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 26 minutes ago
Although I could select avatars to show up in the timeline initially, I now also have the same problem as reported and cannot make the avatars appear in the timeline at all by any means. So that seems a major issue. I may have to try and revert.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic