All Morning Wasted! CT 8 is unusable!!

Posted By dickymac 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dickymac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I've been trying to do some really basic edits; I'm using a very clean audio file and a simple head image of the dog and nothing else. 

Using the, Lips Editor, I've been trying to make adjustments to where the phonemes should go.... adding, taking them away, or adjusting where needed.. I then wanted to see the result, but simply playing back the piece I'm working on..... totally frustrated! Such a wasted Morning!! 

Check out the video... 

Either this is the normal situation with CT, or I'm being 
unlucky with the software that RL have provided.... Comments Please!?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
It certainly isn't normal and not an issue we have other reports of. This seems related to the CPU issues you have reported in other threads. Sadly until you can get this CPU issue resolved then you will keep encountering problems.

As I mentioned in other threads you will need to work with Technical Support to try and find the cause of these issues which do seem system specific. Unfortunately I'm on the Windows side so can't really help much with Mac issues but Technical Support should be able to offer some help with these problems you are having.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

dickymac
dickymac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

It certainly is taking a toll on the cpu!

Technical department seem to be struggling too!

Replaced Standard version and the gave me pro version to try, but just the same. 

Apple engineer from Solihull checked system this morning and running as should. Activity monitor shows it is a software error.. memory location possible!

If not sorted by tomorrow I will uninstall and ask for refund.

Thanks for your time 

Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
dickymac (10/27/2016)
It certainly is taking a toll on the cpu!

Technical department seem to be struggling too!

Replaced Standard version and the gave me pro version to try, but just the same. 

Apple engineer from Solihull checked system this morning and running as should. Activity monitor shows it is a software error.. memory location possible!

If not sorted by tomorrow I will uninstall and ask for refund.

Thanks for your time 

CT 8 is not the problem....
"""Kernel task""""  is your issue

Google: kernel task high CPU usage

Here are some links to get you started
Apple official thread 
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6452727?start=0&tstart=0

Other: http://blog.viktorpetersson.com/post/100148585299/how-to-fix-kerneltask-cpu-usage-on-yosemite

Other: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Cheers

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
Edited
8 Years Ago by kevin.S
dickymac
dickymac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Kevin and thanks for the input..

The Kernal is using 14% so  not high... over 150% would be considered excessive!?

Kernel problems have already been eliminated by service engineer. Mac had a complete reinstall to solve any third party problems.

I don't have any other issues, with any other program I run.... only CrazyTalk!? So you still say that this is not related to CT?

Many thanks for your time!

Reading This Topic