Profile Picture

Import drawing model

Posted By leocarofiglio 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
leocarofiglio
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi All,

I wonder if is possible to import in 3Dchange5 a face drawing in order to create a character's face or even an entire character instead of using photos.
Since I'm quite good in drawing and I usually start my character's process making sketches instead of searching for 3d models, would be great if i can use them and convert them in 3d models

P.S> apologies for my English Tongue
Edited
8 Years Ago by leocarofiglio
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Since you are mentioning 3DXchange5, I assume you have iClone 5, because that is what you would use. In iClone 5 you have the face-fitting tool and a drawing of a face with enough realism would work as will as a photo. As was a photo, it is important to have even lighting (no heavy shadows) for both sides of the face. You also have the option to include a side view for additional detail.

For iClone 6, this has become more complicated. It works the same for iClone 5 (G5) characters with a face-fitting tool inside iClone 6. However, for Character Creator characters you need to create a 3D face in CrazyTalk 8 Pipeline and then export it.

As to your other question, you can try to replace the body textures of the character with drawn images, but you cannot create a body shape based on drawings directly (at least not with RL products).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

leocarofiglio
leocarofiglio
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)Senior Member (474 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi animagic,

thanks a lot for the answer. Infact i was thinking about creating a body shape based on drawings directly but I somehow already knew it was a crazy requestBigGrin

Reading This Topic