Animate - then fit to time

Posted By post_76 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
post_76
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
How would y'all go about making all the animating stuff first and later on match the animation to a speak?

I have made a "how to play chess"-animation and written the script in google docs. I don't have opportunity now to record the audio yet, so I don't know where each move should occur. But I have already made all the moves for part 1.

I may have audio worth of 3 minutes and right now animation worth of 40 seconds.

Is there any other way than the slow and painful "move and adjust keyframes on each track"-method?
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
post_76 (10/23/2016)
How would y'all go about making all the animating stuff first and later on match the animation to a speak?

I have made a "how to play chess"-animation and written the script in google docs. I don't have opportunity now to record the audio yet, so I don't know where each move should occur. But I have already made all the moves for part 1.

I may have audio worth of 3 minutes and right now animation worth of 40 seconds.

Is there any other way than the slow and painful "move and adjust keyframes on each track"-method?

Since you have the animation and the script, render out the animation and then edit the video to match the audio once it's recorded.  Just a suggestion.

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Lernakow
Lernakow
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)Veteran Member (678 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Read your text aloud with a watch and note the time of key elements (like the moves you describe). Then with the final recording you'll only have minor adjustments to make.
post_76
post_76
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
sjonesdc (10/23/2016)
post_76 (10/23/2016)

Since you have the animation and the script, render out the animation and then edit the video to match the audio once it's recorded.  Just a suggestion.

Yes, that would work except I also (in this example) need to adjust the length of a transform animation. That would be impossible to do in a video editor. Thanks for suggestion, though.
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 36 minutes ago
What I have done for my last production is to record the dialog as TTS to get an idea of the timing. It also helped to get rid of unnaturally phrased dialog. It was then rather easy to include the recorded dialog from the voice talent (with new lip-synching of course) into the completed animation.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic