Profile Picture

Editing Motion Clips -- Motion Layer vs Motion Clip questions.

Posted By bexley 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Editing Motion Clips -- Motion Layer vs Motion Clip questions.

Author
bexley
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I'm trying to do some pose-to-pose animation using motion clips as a basis.  Is there a way of loading a clip and then reducing it to simple key frames in the Motion Layer?  I know I could save "key poses" one at a time using the collect clip function, but I'm looking for a more detailed keyframe "matrix" if possible.

When I modify the Motion Layers under a clip those modifications appear to be "added to the clip".  If I need to re-time certain features (like making a head turn happen sooner, or add follow-through animation) the clip seems to be interfering with the new key frames.  Is there a tutorial that explains exactly the relationship between Clip and Motion Layers?  For example,if I add keys in the motion layer, then remove the clip, Iclone seems to ignore the keys completely.

I'm trying to understand exactly how a clip will effect any keys I create underneath it, and visa versa.

TIA
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 minutes ago
The quick answer is "No". There is know way to break a clip into keys. You'd think setting keys along the clip would do it, but it does not. Save a single frame with Collect Clip is as close as it gets.

For re-timing your clips, R-click on them and select "Time Warp". It is the same set of curves you get with key-frames. So, cut your longer clip into shorter clips and apply the curves to them as needed.

Using the "Look At" or "Reach Target" options will overide any motion clips as well.
bexley
bexley
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Well, at least now I know. :-(
I guess it's time to save some pose-to-pose sequences.

Thanks, Rampa!

Reading This Topic