Profile Picture

Animation over Video. Has anyone ever tried this and if so, how did you do it?

Posted By Cygnux 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Animation over Video. Has anyone ever tried this and if so, how did...

Author
Cygnux
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
What I'm trying to do is to run a video in the background and sync my avatar to dance exactly like the video.  It works and runs fine but I have to basically do stop motion animation on the Avatar which is time consuming.
Does anyone know if there is a way to link certain points of the video to certain points on the Avatar?   Hand to hand, foot to foot, etc for example.  I guess it would be similar to motion capture but using video instead of live motion.

Sorry if this is poorly worded, still in learning stage.
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Hi,

I think it is impossible to do directly in iClone but I believe it is possible to achieve with Blender, even though it won't be a push-button process.
Also, it will probably be needed to have some kind of video tracking to the hands/feet/head assigning some coloured masks so that Blender can somehow recognize them. Then, you can export the resulting object animation into iClone.
I can't give more details / hints as I am still on vacation (South Africa... what a wonderful experience!!!).
When I am back I might try to check how to do this.

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
8 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Rotoscoping is kind of difficult to do inside iClone, but I just recently did a search for Motion Tracking and saw this:  https://vimeo.com/98765749  Pretty Interesting to see it at work.  

You can do small motion sets inside iClone and have the camera track for you, but a long string of motions would be tedious.

Post editing would be easier if you have a program that accepts Mocha as a plug-in.  Some software actually ships with it as a default plug-in.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Cygnux
Cygnux
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)

Thanks guys.  I'm going to check all this out.  I know how to achieve this in Premier but so far it looks like its not possible in iClone.   That would be a nice feature in the next update.

mark
mark
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 39 minutes ago
I guess I'm missing something, I do that a lot,  but it sounds like something similar I did awhile back for an RL contest. I setup my dancer's animations and "filmed" them in iClone and then mapped that render onto the wall of the set and re-rendered the animation again. Not too obvious in this example but you could easily have the dancers on the set and the projected animation in sync.

Of course once you have the dancer's anims/iMotions created you could have them dancing at any location, render that, and map that render onto any set with the dancers dancing to the same iMotions it should be all in sync...

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Cygnux
Cygnux
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Close but what I'm wanting to do is to take a video of a live person dancing.  Put it into iClone and then map an avatar to dance just like the person on the live video.  It would be pretty much motion tracking.  Place the avatar and link various points on its body to the body in the live video.  Then capture using motion tracking on those points.  With enough contact points, the avatar would mimic the live dance. I'm doing this now but as stop motion work which is tedious.  So I'm acting as the tracker.    I don't really think its possible to do in iClone but wanted to ask.  

Great work btw and thanks for the response!
Edited
8 Years Ago by tim.walker
LP_movies/tvs
LP_movies/tvs
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
pop video 3   you must be talking about 
Cygnux
Cygnux
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I'm not sure.  I thought Pop video 3 was pretty much a chroma key tool.  Will it incorporate into iClone and do motion tracking?   Hopefully!
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Here's a small Sample of Rotoscoping done using iClone5. It should give you an idea of how to do the process using two flat planes containing your sample you want to follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXJSrDyLYis

https://forum.reallusion.com/130974/iClone5--Quick-Tip?Keywords=Rotoscope

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Edited
8 Years Ago by Cricky
Cygnux
Cygnux
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I'll check it out.  Thank you!

Reading This Topic