Hanging Garmets

Posted By gcshep 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gcshep
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago

Hi help needed please I have gone through the method of transferring  a garment from DAZ to Blender as an FBX then used a standard CC Base Male model  and transferred into CC the tunic fits nicely on the standard base male model however  as soon as I use a different model (See attached problem sheet) I get a mess  of  hanging clothes this also happens on the Tonga I use on Winston.

I have been trying to figure it out for a week now and now I  hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction so any help  would be much appreciated.

Best Regards

George

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0930bd2d-2ef8-4962-a212-71e6.png 

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
You could probably smooth it out a bit with mesh tools in CC. The whole thing needs to weighted, and it looks basically correct to me in that regard. Your seeing the weighted cloth distorting the same way as the underlying body.

So try some mesh adjustment, and add physics to the lower parts. To minimize the sash passing through the lower robe, increase it's collision margin a little more than the robe's margin.
gcshep
gcshep
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Thank you Rampa for the in put I had tried all you suggested only got a slight improvement.  

Reading This Topic