3D Printing?

Posted By pfontaine2 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pfontaine2
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I'm curious if there's a way to generate a character in Character Creator and output in such a way that it could be 3D printed.  It's so easy to manipulate the human body and create so many variations that I would love to see some option to pose and output as an .obj file.  I suppose I could export the modded figure to iClone then export to 3DXchange but the character's pose isn't retained, it comes in with the classic T pose.

Some fuel for thought for a possible future feature unless of course this can already be done and I just haven't come across it yet.

Thanks!
Pierre
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
You can use iClone or Character Creator to send a model out for 3D Printing... this only gives you the option for exporting from iClone6 and loading the desired Pose or Motion in 3dXchange, but essentially the same process is used for Character Creator, with a slight change in where the buttons are located.  If you want to "Collect" a series of Poses or Motions and use those for 3DXchange, just know where you saved them before exporting from 3dXchange.

FBX Conversion is also possible and is one of the Export options in the Pro and Pipeline versions.

It's up to the exporter to convert it to 3D Printing ready mesh, but with computers, most things are possible.

A Link to a Conversion process is available in the Text portion of this Video on YouTube... It seems to work rather well for those who need a conversion process for their 3D Printer.  I can tell you that what iClone exports is not 100% ready, so you may want to take a look.

pfontaine2 (10/7/2016)
I'm curious if there's a way to generate a character in Character Creator and output in such a way that it could be 3D printed.  It's so easy to manipulate the human body and create so many variations that I would love to see some option to pose and output as an .obj file.  I suppose I could export the modded figure to iClone then export to 3DXchange but the character's pose isn't retained, it comes in with the classic T pose.

Some fuel for thought for a possible future feature unless of course this can already be done and I just haven't come across it yet.

Thanks!
Pierre

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Edited
8 Years Ago by Cricky
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
If someone has a 3d Printer and wants to try and print Natalie.  Get her Here

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Do you guys know how to export in any of the following formats from CC3 and iClone 7? I'm assuming that I would have to export as FBX and then convert to one of the following formats:

One tormat type needed:  DAE, WRL, X3D, X3DB, X3DV

I'm trying to do color 3D printing and those are the accepted formats. Thanks.

Update: So, I think I found a way. Using Autodesk FBX converter, convert CC3 FBX to DAE file. However, something is going wrong in the upload to the 3D printing service so I will need to talk to them to figure it out. 
Edited
4 Years Ago by danmiller
Jeasy
Jeasy
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Has anyone figured out the process for CC3 Character to be 3D Printed? I am seriously looking at how to get a number of Digital Humans for a Virtual Production and Game Project 3D printed. ANy help or direction would be most helpful,
info_948532
info_948532
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi Friend,
Can you find any solution for 3d color print? If you can solved, please give an advice. I still try it but I can't success.

Regards
gordryd
gordryd
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I have printed CC3 characters using 3D printer (solid color only).  My process was:
1) Export posed character from CC3 as .obj (see instructions here: ">https://manual.reallusion.com/Character_Creator_3/ENU/3/Content/Character_Creator_3/3/17_Export/Generating_Character_with_Poses_for_Art.htm 
2) Convert .obj to .stl format (there are free options out there to do this, or your 3D printer s/w may be able to do this)
3) Convert .stl to .gcode (this is the format my printer required)
4) Print!

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Edited
3 Years Ago by gordryd

Reading This Topic