Profile Picture

Ripped Off

Posted By ChrisSymmo 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ChrisSymmo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)Senior Member (344 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
6 days ago I purchased Crazy Talk 8 Pro & CrazyTalk Stylized Avatars Combo. It was showing as $169.00. Now I live in Australia. When I'd ordered and paid for this program via PayPal, it stated that it was in US Dollars. The cost to me was AU$229.00.
It would be nice before I got to the stage of paying that this company could let me know well before I got to that stage. Also on checking the Reallusion website tonight, I notice that the package I paid US$169.00 is now down to US$129.00. A difference of US$40.00 in just 6 days. How unfair this is. I've asked for a refund of the difference. Wonder if I will get it. If not I've asked for a full refund and they can have their program. Time will tell if this company will do the right thing.
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Reallusion is very good about issues like this and I am confident they will work it out to your satisfaction. Smile
TS
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 11 minutes ago
The price difference your seeing is the difference between a "new user" purchase and a "member" purchase. Once you have bought any piece of software from RL, you get member price on any additional software purchases. Your a member now, and so get the discount.
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Good catch Rampa. I overlooked the possibility this may have been his first software purchase from Reallusion. Unsure
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
ChrisSymmo (9/28/2016)
6 days ago I purchased Crazy Talk 8 Pro & CrazyTalk Stylized Avatars Combo. It was showing as $169.00. Now I live in Australia. When I'd ordered and paid for this program via PayPal, it stated that it was in US Dollars. The cost to me was AU$229.00.
It would be nice before I got to the stage of paying that this company could let me know well before I got to that stage. Also on checking the Reallusion website tonight, I notice that the package I paid US$169.00 is now down to US$129.00. A difference of US$40.00 in just 6 days. How unfair this is. I've asked for a refund of the difference. Wonder if I will get it. If not I've asked for a full refund and they can have their program. Time will tell if this company will do the right thing.

Hi Chris,

As Rampa has already explained, the $129 is the discounted member price not the full price a non-member will pay. Now you are a member you will get a discount on any products you buy from now on. Regarding the $ price, all our products are priced in US dollars and then converted to local currency. I'm sorry if you feel this isn't made clear. We will look into this.

Regarding your refund request, I 'm sure customer support can help you with this, but do remember that your purchase also entitled you to a FREE copy of CrazyTalk Animator 3 Pro when it is released in the 4th quarter. Obviously a refund will mean that you will lose the FREE bonus software too which you may not have been aware of.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic