A non solvable problem..?

Posted By Lamias 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lamias
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello guys, how is everybody? Smile

I am facing a problem and i would like some feedback. I have a 3rd party character which was converted to iAvatar.

The problem is that, no matter what motion i choose to apply on it, this weird thing happens.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/69fae75e-0cd6-4a73-897a-1b5a.jpg

I did some tests, and the one thing i realised is that this problem occurs when the character moves vertically, not horizontally. To clarify, it goes like this: if i apply a walking motion, and press "reset pivot", everything runs smoothly, because the character walks on the X axis. But if i apply a motion which makes the avatar's body move on the Y axis (ex. falling down, jumping), then this anomaly appears.

Also, all physics simulations are off and no baked animation exists.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Smile

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Edited
8 Years Ago by Lamias
Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Like Swoop said make sure when you export from any other program that your X,Y, Z coordinates" are set to the correct settings. If not your import may face the floor or the sky.
see in this image 2nd box down  Map Z axis most programs have a setting like this in the export window
this tells the software how to angel your export.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/991b524e-6d66-468a-a0c5-94d.jpeg

DAZ  Studio                      See AXIS CONVERSION  you can also do it by choosing convert from daz menu.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a041bf6c-2d47-44f0-b7a2-9fb.jpeg

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
Edited
8 Years Ago by kevin.S
Lamias
Lamias
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

First of all, there is a chance i described my issue wrongly Tongue

The default pose of the character is ok. When i import it, it looks like this.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/49122a74-de06-400f-96d9-b019.jpg

Everything is cool, nothing penetrates anything and no anomalies occur. The same thing happens if i apply a motion which makes it move vertically (eg. walking). No distortion on the meshes.

However if i apply a motion that makes her body go up or down (eg. jumping), only then those meshes go crazy. The image i posted before was the ending of a "falling down" motion, that's where i observed the issue.

So now i believe i explained it better. Could it still be the thing that you guys are telling me, or is it something else?

Thanks for the replies Smile

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Edited
8 Years Ago by Lamias
Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

What file type did you save it as FBX OBJ / what file type did you bring it into 3d exchange as ?   what rigging did you use in 3d exchange ?

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
Lamias
Lamias
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hey thanks for the replies.

I will most certainly follow exactly what you are saying because i really want this to work. The problem is, my knowledge is too limited to understand your posts. Tongue Furthermore, I downloaded the model along with other stuff, so i don't know how it was converted and what method was followed for bone mapping etc. Sad The other avatars seem to work fine though.

Anyway, i have many questions...:

1) So, this is caused by a bone/bones? If so, how can i see which bone is causing this and how do i fix it?

2) I don't know what you mean when you are referring to ("local space"), or the term "orientation axis". Could you be a little more specific on how to use this advice?

I wish to follow your thinking, but i am still young to all this, sorry.

Thanks for the time you take to reply!!

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Edited
8 Years Ago by Lamias
Lamias
Lamias
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Update:
I am doing some tests with 3DXchange, and i think that her breasts are causing the problem. In the calibration of the upper body, her breasts move awkwardly, like staying in place while the rest of the body moves:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0b1f0a74-e7d9-428b-aeb8-a6c7.jpg

So the problem is probably there, but i have no idea how to correct it. This is the full 3DXchange panel:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a285810b-4525-4ff1-82eb-13e6.jpg

Am i on the right track?

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

michael7
michael7
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Lamias (9/15/2016)
Hey thanks for the replies.

I will most certainly follow exactly what you are saying because i really want this to work. The problem is, my knowledge is too limited to understand your posts. Tongue Furthermore, I downloaded the model along with other stuff, so i don't know how it was converted and what method was followed for bone mapping etc. Sad The other avatars seem to work fine though.

Anyway, i have many questions...:

1) So, this is caused by a bone/bones? If so, how can i see which bone is causing this and how do i fix it?

2) I don't know what you mean when you are referring to ("local space"), or the term "orientation axis". Could you be a little more specific on how to use this advice?

I wish to follow your thinking, but i am still young to all this, sorry.

Thanks for the time you take to reply!!

Hi. Regarding your question on local space and orientation space reallusion has a video explaining it a little more here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EegIEm7w7z0
Lamias
Lamias
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks Sw00000p, this is very detailed! I will delve in it tomorrow with a clear head, and i will post my progress.

Just a quick question though. Can't i just dispose of the breast bones? I don't care about them, could i just erase them in some manner?

Thanks!!

@Michael7,

Thank you my friend, i will see it tomorrow!! Smile

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Edited
8 Years Ago by Lamias
Lamias
Lamias
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yep, we did it!

Here is the new avatar, with nothing penetrating/sticking out/being weird at all. Everything stays in place:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/deeacc07-0eed-4f16-ad4b-a984.jpg

Sw00000p, i think this is the 5th or 6th time that you provide me with full help. You give very detailed information, but you also make me practice on my own to achieve stuff.

I really thank you for that my friend Smile

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Edited
8 Years Ago by Lamias
Joevolve
Joevolve
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (702 reputation)Veteran Member (702 reputation)Veteran Member (702 reputation)Veteran Member (702 reputation)Veteran Member (702 reputation)Veteran Member (702 reputation)Veteran Member (702 reputation)Veteran Member (702 reputation)Veteran Member (702 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I have a problem am hoping some one here can solve it for me. I converted my mixamo animations in 3dxchange so as to use with the iclone character
creator characters then export them for use in unreal engine, the issue here is that iclone adds a rootbone to the converted skeleton and the animations have
their root motion in the hip, so when they are exported into unreal engine the root motions aren't detected is there anyway I workaround this or better stilll create root motion for the added bone when editing the animations in iclone 6

Reading This Topic