How to Rig a Human Bone Template in CTA3 - Tutorial

Posted By toonsunlimited 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
toonsunlimited
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Greetings,  

I recorded a video on rigging a character from flash to CTA3.
I edited the video to show the good, bad and ugly.  The system crashed a few times,  and some of the feature did not work as expected.
Overall, the process took about 2 hours.  

The biggest concern I have about the bone template is that there is not enough pre- motions and it's not compatible with some of the G2 (315 motions).
My suggestion regarding this video are listed below:
  • Where are the G1 Motions?  I think the G1 Motions and Human Bone Template would be perfect for each other, not to mention, there are a ton of pre motion already in the content store and the marketplace.  Not having G1 Motions will cause a huge uproar in the community because people would lose a ton of motions and probably paid a lot of money for them.
  • There is not a lot of pre animated motions for the Human Bone Template.  Sure the have the ability to do a ton of manual rigging and create a really decent animation.  However, the main reason why people buy CTA is because they are not seasoned animators.  They rely heavily on pre motions and the ability to create a imotion in iclone and then save it for a G2 character.  Sure you will be  able to still do that on G2 Character Templates (Hopefully) but will you be able to carry that function into the new bone template?
  • How will additional Bone Template motions be saved or created?  
  • I can see a seasoned animator coming in and being able to do wonders with some of the new features, my concern is will your main audience based (Beginner to Novice) animator be able to do the same.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c09b5311-3ab1-47a8-995d-c2df.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0a076bbd-c788-40a3-b65c-4995.png

Email: askjanell@toonsunlimited.com

Check Out My Channel For CTA "How To" Tutorials
  Follow me on Facebook for Characters in Development
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7e3e974d-b57b-4b3a-b000-da9f.png

vidi
vidi
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Many Thanks ! 
Ok it seems now we are back to the roots of CTA 1  > 3/4 Character BigGrin
But I must say I found the old Sprite Changing in CTA 1  methode better with the  Black Dummy.  than with the Bone Template 
BTW I still use it more than CTA 2
But Of course to have Template Bones for 4 Legs Animals is very nice , too  

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Totally2d
Totally2d
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thank you for this one!
I really need to study the bone rigging.

Td

Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
toonsunlimited (9/11/2016)
Greetings,  

I recorded a video on rigging a character from flash to CTA3.
I edited the video to show the good, bad and ugly.  The system crashed a few times,  and some of the feature did not work as expected.
Overall, the process took about 2 hours.  

The biggest concern I have about the bone template is that there is not enough pre- motions and it's not compatible with some of the G2 (315 motions).
  • Where are the G1 Motions?  I think the G1 Motions and Human Bone Template would be perfect for each other, not to mention, there are a ton of pre motion already in the content store and the marketplace.  Not having G1 Motions will cause a huge uproar in the community because people would lose a ton of motions and probably paid a lot of money for them.
  • There is not a lot of pre animated motions for the Human Bone Template.  Sure the have the ability to do a ton of manual rigging and create a really decent animation.  However, the main reason why people buy CTA is because they are not seasoned animators.  They rely heavily on pre motions and the ability to create a imotion in iclone and then save it for a G2 character.  Sure you will be  able to still do that on G2 Character Templates (Hopefully) but will you be able to carry that function into the new bone template?
  • How will additional Bone Template motions be saved or created?  
  • I can see a seasoned animator coming in and being able to do wonders with some of the new features, my concern is will your main audience based (Beginner to Novice) animator be able to do the same.

Hi Dear Developer

To answer your questions and suggestions

1. There will be G1 motion in thefuture. Due to compatibility issues, G1 motion is not included inthis Alpha version.
2. The contents provided in the Alphaversion are just one part of the future contents. However, motiondesigned in iClone will not be able apply to bone characters.
3. We are working on this.
4. There will be more contents inlaunch version, 
especially motion contents. We will try our best toprovide our users a tool with full package.

Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Totally2d (9/18/2016)
Thank you for this one!
I really need to study the bone rigging.

Td

For rigging
you can refer to the PDF
 00_CTA3 Alpha guide.pdf 
Under the thread Showcase yourself
Link is here

Reading This Topic