Profile Picture

export high res texture from character creator

Posted By flaclad 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
flaclad
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I was wondering why in appearance editor is not possible to define a resolution (output size) for the body and head skin higher than 2048x2048px
I understand the importance of low resolution for real time but I'm most interested in creating characters for high resolution render and this is a big limitation...
is there some workaround or some extension available?
flaclad
flaclad
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)

thanks a lot for the detailed reply but perhaps I didn't explained myself in the correct way.
I know i can use external high res textures in iclone, what I would like to do is not use an external texture but try to export in high resolution (higher than 2048x2048px) the texture created by character creator, which  (if I understood well) is a procedural one and can be highly personalized with freckels, tan, normal for age and wrinkles. It's really a powerful tool to create custom body and face textures but it seem to me that it has this resolution limit..

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/beff6d77-8599-44ca-bd49-6c6b.png
flaclad
flaclad
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Actually you are right in everything you say, and I usually work with 2 versions of the same textures, one low res tex for animating in iclone and one very high (like the ones coming from daz products) for final render which i usually realize within other software like cinema4d.
I need high resolution just because sometimes I need to render also small details of the character and if a 2048x2048px tex sometimes is enough for face textures, it is not when It comes to details of the body. When you see pixels in a closeup it's not a good thing.. 
My pc has no problem in managing procedural high res textures, anyway when I create the texture the way I want, I'm used to bake it before going into animation.
Anyway I know iclone and iclone cc are not focused on high res textures because their main concern is real-time animation, I was just wondering if the 2048px limitation of procedural skin (that i showed in the picture) can be overcame buying an extension like Essential Complete Bundle for Character Creation or if it is something more structural..

Reading This Topic