Profile Picture

Using iMotion data in CrazyTalk Animator

Posted By Totally2d 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Totally2d
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hey guys!

I'm keen to know, has anybody ever tried capturing some motion data (using a kinetic device) and then taking that data into CrazyTalk Animator. I'm keen on doing that. I'm hoping the upcoming version of Crazytalk can also do that. If anyone has such a set up, please share your experiences and advise with me before I take my plunge into the unknown.

Is it possible, which device works best, how much tweaking is required etc.
Links to sample videos would be amazing.

Tafadzwa

toonsunlimited
toonsunlimited
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Greetings Totally2d,

Ibis Fernandez has dabbled in iMotions.  You will need clone 5 for it be compatible with CTA2.  I would recommend reaching out to him for more details.  But you can see some of his testing videos on YouTube.  Here is a link to his channel.  Ibis YouTube Channel.  I believe he is using perception neuron, but he may have tired others.

Take Care!

Janell

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c09b5311-3ab1-47a8-995d-c2df.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0a076bbd-c788-40a3-b65c-4995.png

Email: askjanell@toonsunlimited.com

Check Out My Channel For CTA "How To" Tutorials
  Follow me on Facebook for Characters in Development
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7e3e974d-b57b-4b3a-b000-da9f.png

Totally2d
Totally2d
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)Senior Member (430 reputation)

Hey!

Thank you, so much. I think he is the perfect guy to talk to.
Let me checkout his channel. 

Have an awesome day
Td
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Yep, before Perception neuron, I was using the kinnect plugin for iclone 5. It work fine for creating ic5 imotions. 

If you are using perception neuron or any other device capable of capturing to VBH format,  you dont even need iclone. You just need 3dxchange 5 to convert the data into ic5 compatible imotions. 

If you use anything higher than ic5 or 3dx 5 the resulting imotions will not work in CTA2.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Totally2d
Totally2d
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you, I was checking out your channel earlier.
I'm so glad you managed to figure all this stuff out, looks like I'm going to need Perception Neuron  Smile
Using Motion capture in 2d is unbelievable. 

I'll keep an eye out for your shows!
Td
lesdodds
lesdodds
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Totally2d (9/8/2016)

Using Motion capture in 2d is unbelievable. 

CrazyTalk animator 2 free motion file
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etoZx8JSz9c&list=PLPRpOWIKvqyWPQxfT9tlres9XwUCgz7wn

Try these.

LesterSmile
 My YouTube
My Facebook
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
-Walt Disney

Reading This Topic