Confused About Which Product To Buy?

Posted By Peter (RL) 8 Years Ago
Rated 4 stars based on 4 votes.
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Hi...

CrazyTalk 8 doesn't support any kind of motion capture so if you require that feature then Cartoon Animator 4 will really be the only choice for 2D work. With CrazyTalk you can still have automatic lip-sync and create facial animation but that is done using the built in tools and is not done using motion capture.

With Cartoon Animator 4 you still have built in tools to animate your character but you you can optionally purchase the Motion LIVE 2D plugin which comes with Face3D. This allows you to use any standard webcam to capture facial animation.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

dyaustin
dyaustin
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thank you for the information Smile
webdefender
webdefender
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (813 reputation)Veteran Member (813 reputation)Veteran Member (813 reputation)Veteran Member (813 reputation)Veteran Member (813 reputation)Veteran Member (813 reputation)Veteran Member (813 reputation)Veteran Member (813 reputation)Veteran Member (813 reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
I have purchased Character Creator 3 Pipeline and IClone, but now I want to be able to use the iPhone capture (and also Kinect).

Here's what I have in my cart. Is there anything else I would need to use the iPhone facial capture?

Kinect Mocap Plug-in (I already had a Kinect)
iClone 3DXChange 7 Pipeline (no brainer)
Motion LIVE Plug-in for iClone (Want to be able to use my iPhone 10 for facial capture)
LIVE FACE Profile for Motion LIVE Plug-in (need for the facial capture above)
     with Free Bonus: LIVE FACE (iPhone) Profile for Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in (I have Cartoon Animator too)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Hi Webdefender

That is all you need to do facial mocap. 

With the Kinect Mocap Plugin you will need to have the "Kinect For Xbox One"  if you are running Windows 10.

Please Note: the Kinect Mocap Plugin is not part of the Motion LIVE system so you can't record facial animation and full body motion at the same time. You will need to do these separately.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

webdefender
webdefender
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (813 reputation)Veteran Member (813 reputation)Veteran Member (813 reputation)Veteran Member (813 reputation)Veteran Member (813 reputation)Veteran Member (813 reputation)Veteran Member (813 reputation)Veteran Member (813 reputation)Veteran Member (813 reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
So the plugin doesn't work with the Xbox 360 version?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The Kinect For Xbox 360 will work with iClone 7 but is only supported if you are using Windows 7. If you are using Windows 10 the Kinect For Xbox One is required.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

nic_794918
nic_794918
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (62 reputation)New Member (62 reputation)New Member (62 reputation)New Member (62 reputation)New Member (62 reputation)New Member (62 reputation)New Member (62 reputation)New Member (62 reputation)New Member (62 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I am so confused about the product ecosytem, its insane and unnecessarily complex IMO

Anyway that aside I'm a 3D artist and want to make characters in Real Allusion, record mocap (body and facial using iphone connection) and then use these characters in both 3dmax and also Unreal. 
There are things like 3D exchange and loads of plug ins and im getting confused

Can someone advise which package I need to purchase?

Cheers 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi...

Looking at your requirements, the basic products you will need are Character Creator 3 Pipeline and iClone 7. These two products will allow you to start creating characters and animate them.

In addition to those products, you will also need the Motion LIVE plug-in for mocap, plus the Gear Profiles for the hardware you plan to use (the hardware/suits needs to be purchased separately). So for example if you want to use an iPhone 10 or higher for facial mocap you would need to purchase the "Live Face" gear profile. If you planned to use a Perception Neuron mocap suit you would need the PN Gear Profile for that.

You can find all the mocap solutions that are supported on the page below.

https://mocap.reallusion.com/iclone-motion-live-mocap/gears.html

So please let us know in more detail which mocap hardware you will be using and also let us know if you have any additional requirements. For example, do you want to be able to create character faces from photos, do you wish to import 3rd party props and animations, do you wish to create skin textures using your own materials etc?

Once we know more we can point you to the best bundle that will give you everything you need. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

sharazkhan2020
sharazkhan2020
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi I want to buy both cartoon animator 4 and iClone 7 with respective Macap setups and profiles. I understand live face 3D (iPhone) and perception Neuron profiles are compatible with motion live 2d and motion live 3D but do I have to purchase motion live 2d and motion live 3D separately ?? I cannot find this information and as I am to purchase both softwares I want to minimise my expenses and buy the correct package and not buy the motion live plugins if they are compatible with each other. Thank you in advance.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi... Yes the Motion LIVE 2D and Motion LIVE 3D plug-ins have to be purchased separately.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic