Profile Picture

Confused About Which Product To Buy?

Posted By Peter (RL) 8 Years Ago
Rated 4 stars based on 4 votes.
Author
WildZooGuy
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (124 reputation)Junior Member (124 reputation)Junior Member (124 reputation)Junior Member (124 reputation)Junior Member (124 reputation)Junior Member (124 reputation)Junior Member (124 reputation)Junior Member (124 reputation)Junior Member (124 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Will xbox360 mocap work with the latest iclone? if so how can i buy the plugin
ViktorCheberachko
ViktorCheberachko
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)

Hi everyone! I guess I am wondering what everyone is creating with these products and how they make money from the software.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
WildZooGuy (2/14/2020)
Will xbox360 mocap work with the latest iclone? if so how can i buy the plugin

The "Kinect For Xbox 360" will work with iClone 7 but it is only supported under Windows 7. If you are using Windows 10 then you will need the "Kinect For Xbox One".

You can find out more and purchase the Kinect Mocap Plugin from the page below.

https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/mocap/download.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rcmedia
rcmedia
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)

I feel awkward responding to a four year old post, but ...    I guess this question belongs here.

IF I wanted to sell the heads that I create with CT8, what would I need to purchase?   I guess I can output RL heads from my current copy of CT 8 Pipeline, but do I have the legal rights to sell my RL files?

And to convert to full out models, would I need CC ?    Not sure how all that works.

Thanks
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

rcmedia (5/28/2020)
I feel awkward responding to a four year old post, but ...    I guess this question belongs here.

IF I wanted to sell the heads that I create with CT8, what would I need to purchase?   I guess I can output RL heads from my current copy of CT 8 Pipeline, but do I have the legal rights to sell my RL files?

And to convert to full out models, would I need CC ?    Not sure how all that works.

Thanks

Hi...

Custom content created using our software can only be sold in the Reallusion Content Store (by invitation) or in the User Marketplace. You can't sell content outside of these two stores.

So for iClone, Character Creator and Cartoon Animator you can create custom content, then open a free Marketplace store, and sell your content there. Unfortunately CrazyTalk 8 content can't be sold in the Marketplace but you can convert the heads to CC3 format and then sell them in the Marketplace.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
4 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
kane_168634
kane_168634
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Why not make an animation to explain what the different programs do using the actual programs?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

kane_168634 (6/4/2020)
Why not make an animation to explain what the different programs do using the actual programs?

Hi... You can find introductions to most products on our YouTube channel. These show exactly what you can do with each product.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Reallusion/playlists?view=1&flow=grid

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Bendinggrass
Bendinggrass
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

I have just discovered this fascinating progra.. Could you help me with a few questions?
I want to import characters/clouthing/scenes/props from DAZ/Poser to IClone. Is this possible with the iClone package as sold or are additional items needed to do this?
Also, from what I (think) I have read, it can use items from blender, maya, and other programs, simply by importing them when bought... is that right?
I am also mostly interested in using iClone for still images.
Thanks.
Randy
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Randy

iClone on its own can't import content from 3rd party sources. You will need to purchase an additional product called 3DXchange 7 Pro/Pipeline to be able to bring in non-standard characters, props and animations.

For Daz characters you will find Character Creator 3 Pipeline offers the better solution. With CC3 Pipeline you import characters using a feature called Transformer. Once imported the characters will then become standard characters that will be compatible with all clothing, hair, accessories and motion clips and can be transferred to iClone ready to be animated.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

dyaustin
dyaustin
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello! I'm new here, and I had a question about which product to get. I'm looking to do something very similar to the lip sync/motion capture with the 2D avatar in the following video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDbcRuV24MA

It seems like both CrazyTalk 8 and Cartoon Animator can achieve this, but I'm not quite 100% sure if that's the case.

Would I be able to do real-time or live facial and/or body motion capture using a webcam or Kinect with either software? I noticed that there's a Motion Live plugin for Character Animator. Is that required to achieve this goal whereas I would not need any plugins for CrazyTalk (assuming facial/head motion only)?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Reading This Topic