Profile Picture

CrazyTalk 8.1 Is Here. Come and See What Is New.

Posted By Ola(RL) 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Protanto
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Can someone help me? I've been searching for hours in trying to find an update option of CrazyTalk 8 Pro to 8.1. Does anyone know where to find it? I purchased Crazy Talk in July. Will updating cost me anything?

Also, I was thinking about upgrading the pro version to piper. However, I could not find such option either. Can I do that, or will I have to buy piper separately - paying the same amount as if I were buying the new app?

Thank you.
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
You will find the update to 8.1 on your Reallusion member page. Find the entry for CrazyTalk and then click the "Patch/Bonus" link. You will see a popup like the following (I have Pipeline so yours will be different):

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f7ba60d3-bd87-450d-aa46-7e72.png

Click the v8.1 patch link and follow the prompts.

As to upgrading, it's best to contact Support. I believe the price would be the difference between the two products.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Protanto (9/18/2016)

Also, I was thinking about upgrading the pro version to piper. However, I could not find such option either. Can I do that, or will I have to buy piper separately - paying the same amount as if I were buying the new app?

Thank you.

Please visit the Online Store page HERE. If you are logged into your account you will see the "Member Price" displayed. That is the price to upgrade.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Protanto
Protanto
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

animagic - Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I tried this option already, and the update is not there. I probably have to contact support. https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b6aed2fd-a1f8-4a57-8aef-6c11.png
Protanto
Protanto
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Peter - Thanks for your response. I tried that already. Under the link, I can find discounted apps (not updates).The discount offered there to purchase Crazy Talk Pipeline is exactly the same as a discount offered to no members/first time buyers. I paid $10 less for Crazy Talk Pro. If I purchased Pipeline for the price offered, the total amount I would spend for this app (pro and pipeline) would be way higher than the original/un-discounted price of the pipeline version. 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Protanto (9/20/2016)
Peter - Thanks for your response. I tried that already. Under the link, I can find discounted apps (not updates).The discount offered there to purchase Crazy Talk Pipeline is exactly the same as a discount offered to no members/first time buyers. I paid $10 less for Crazy Talk Pro. If I purchased Pipeline for the price offered, the total amount I would spend for this app (pro and pipeline) would be way higher than the original/un-discounted price of the pipeline version. 

I have checked this and the correct pricing is showing if you are logged in. As you can see from the screenshot below the price for you to upgrade to Pipeline is $119. The full price to non-members is $199 so you are saving $80.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0c02cada-21d9-4505-a0a7-404e.png

And the reason the 8.1 update is not available in your account is because you purchased from the Apple Store rather than direct from us. You will need to get the 8.1 update from the Apple Store but due to the way updates have to be approved by Apple this can take longer to be available than the updates on our site.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

vepop
vepop
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Is 'camera function' like what we have in CTA2 available in CrazyTalk 8?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

vepopyeye (10/20/2016)
Is 'camera function' like what we have in CTA2 available in CrazyTalk 8?

CrazyTalk 8 doesn't have any camera controls or a camera track on the Timeline. The camera is fixed at 200mm. Instead you move your character if you wish a close up or if you wish the character to appear in from the left or right side etc.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
8 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
vepop
vepop
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks Peter .. I'm thinking of a closeup right on the eyes or lips .... 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
heyjoe
heyjoe
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
It's been just under 8 months, how do I get the Mac App store update to v 8.1? It still lists 8.0.3 as the current version - Many other apps stay far more up to date, so I find it very hard to believe that Apple has a 8 month backlog for processing submitted updates...

What are my next steps?

Thanks!

Edited
7 Years Ago by heyjoe

Reading This Topic