180 degree camera angle change.

Posted By barrie_mcdermid 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
barrie_mcdermid
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi folks, I'm trying to set up a classroom based sketch and I have the camera angle with the teacher at the front and the backs of the kids heads behind desks.

I would like to set up the same scene, but flipped 180 degrees so that the kids' faces are all directly in front of the camera.  Is there an easy way to do this, or do I have to manually turn each character round?

Many thanks.

Barrie
RicksWorks
RicksWorks
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Just like when making a movie with a real camera, you will have to adjust the scene to represent the 180 camera setup. When the camera angle changes, you would see the student's faces and the back of the room, possibly an over the shoulder shot from behind the teacher in the front, or directly in front of the teacher. Just think about how the camera angle changes in a real movie affect the scene and what becomes visible to the viewer. You will have to break your scenes up into chunks of video that would later be edited together to create the transitions.

Rick Owens

barrie_mcdermid
barrie_mcdermid
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)Veteran Member (714 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for the reply.  I get all that I just wondered if there was an easy way to pan the camera right round.  I guess not then?

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
CTA doesn't have a 3d camera/environment. you have to move the environment around the camera if you want that angle as opposed to a camera around an environment.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Ibis Fernandez

Reading This Topic