Exporting Accessory from Blender?

Posted By Lordhi 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lordhi
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
This tutorial shows how to create and export accessory from Maya to Character Creator: Character Creator 1.5 Tutorial - Accessory Creation .
I tried to do the same with Blender. I imported an object from DAZ and parented it to the head bone. However, when I export the avatar as fbx without weight painting, Character Creator crashes when importing. When I weight paint as doing with clothing, Character Creator declares the object as "hair", not as "accessory". What am I doing wrong or which step(s) am I missing? (I do not own 3dExchange Pipeline and use the Body templates provided by Reallusion.) Any advice would be much appreciated.

Jürgen

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4872538b-a28b-47db-a2f8-6c9a.jpg
wires
wires
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Just import the object into 3DXchange Pro - you don't need the Pipeline version - and save it as an iProp. In iClone attach the iProp to a character bone, adjust the position, size and rotation and it will automatically be converted to an iAccessory that you can save in your custom folder.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Lordhi
Lordhi
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)Veteran Member (657 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
... And you can copy the file to the Accessory custom folder in Character Creator and rename the ending from .iAcc to .ccAcc. Then the former Prop also works in Character Creator, if you wish so.
Thank you very much, Gerry, this is a very nice and easy solution!

Reading This Topic