25 fps European broadcast norm for CTA 3

Posted By tonk 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tonk
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hello folks,
I discussed this one year ago in the forum and some of the pros here totally agreed. I also wrote this to the RL customer support but I think nobody really understood the issue.
Perhaps some video film makers working with different fps systems do understand what I mean. I remember that Ibis Fernandez immediately got my point. With my inquiry, I refer to a professional work with CTA for broadcast in Europe.

The issue:
When I convert a video made with CTA2 from 29 fps to 25 fps with software or inside CTA, I will lose the synchronity of my music and the lip-synchonity. The music and speech are not exactly synchronous any more.
If you want to create a video with both, music and spoken word lip-synced  for a TV station in Europe, there is no other way than converting the video with extremely expensive hardware.

The support told me the following:
I could convert the video with format factory or Adobe - yes, but the speech and music is only synchronous with internet or computer use of the video. Not working for  broadcasting purposes.
I could also use the spin button of frame rate and convert inside CTA. Yes, but this is still the same problem.

When broadcasting this converted video via TV station with 25 fps, it slightly loses its synchronity to music and word.
For this reason, the film studios in Europe use expensive hardware to convert American series or feature films to the 25 fps format.
Can anyone working in the industry confirm this issue?

My greatest wish would be that there would be a preset of 25 fps as the starting point inside CTA 3.

animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
You can set the framerate for export to 25 fps. Is that not adequate?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic