CrazyTalk Animator 3 Pre-Sale Now On

Posted By Peter (RL) 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
Ola(RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Pepperle (8/17/2016)
Which version of CTA3 does the video show?
Are all of these features shown in this video integrated into CTA3 Pro?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=27&v=MhqbQxS_ZcY

Or  are there features shown, that are only available in CTA3 Pipeline?
What is "Custom Create Elastic Motion" (see comparision table http://www.reallusion.com/event/cta3-presale/default.html#six)

It would be really appreciated to see a video about the differences.

There are mainly 3 of many new features included in the video.
1. Free bone (STD: can use bone content, Pro & Pipeline: can edit) 
2. Character bone template  (STD & Pro & Pipeline) 
3. Elastic motion (STD & Pro & Pipeline) 

As for "Custom Create Elastic Motion", it is a feature where users can create, store and reuse motion curve besides using existing ones.
It is for pipeline.

Edited
8 Years Ago by Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

InfoCentral (8/17/2016)
I don't see any mention of the current 3D character and motions in this release. In the past RL has dropped features and added features with each new release. I wonder if the whole 3D character pipeline is being scrapped in this release?

The function of 3D character and motions of CTA 2 are included in CTA 3.
Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Dr. Fun (8/18/2016)
Two Quick Questions:
1. Will CTA3 be fully backward compatible with previous versions characters, motions, accessories, props, etc.?
2. Will CTA3 be able to use iClone 6 motions as promised?
Thanks!

Hi DrFun

Yes & Yes!
Excited?
Anonymous2020
Anonymous2020
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

Edited
8 Years Ago by Anonymous2020
davidktimperley
davidktimperley
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi, thought I'd try and back up my comments. This is some work I did on Mythbusters...

So ignore the 3D (which was done in open sourced Blender), it's all done in AE with some scripts.
  • CA needs wheel motion that is driven by speed of sprite.
  • Particle effects,
  • Motion blur (possibly already supported?)
  • Blending effects like additive and multiply.

iwansuryo
iwansuryo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)

The new Character Bone Templates makes me confused, how will it be connected to the old Character Composer. Then my questions are:
1. From the video demo, it looks like developing new characters will be much easier than before, because there are some universal templates. Is it right?
2. Will Character Bone Templates still compatible with 3D Motion, or it will be sticked to 2D motion only?
3. And the last is, can we make new universal characters with free bone tools, for our own custom characters, to become new templates? Or all templates will only be supplied by reallusion? This questions is very important, because I imagine there will be custom character bone templates for fish, or flower, or tree, which won't be given by this software.
iwansuryo
iwansuryo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)

The next very important question is, can we attach sprites to a character developed with Free Bones? If the answer for this question is yes, I am very sure to buy this pre-sale quickly.

Right now, I can only see lipsync animation added to the Free Bones character. If I want to make fingers animation or headturn animation, it would be impossible without specific sprites menu.

I hope that RL develop wizard/ special menu to add sprites easily for any kind of body part of a character. If it is would be hard to implement, then RL can sold it as part of CTA Pipeline edition only, which is very reasonable.

Thank you.
JDelekto
JDelekto
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)

This is a pre-sale offer and is purely optional. For existing users you can simply wait and upgrade to CTA3 in the normal way if you wish.

However it is important to remember that you don't have to purchase CTA2 to get a free copy of CTA3. You can also purchase iClone 6, CrazyTalk 8 or several other packages and you will still get  free copy of CTA3 when it is released. Please see the page HERE for a list of the eligible purchases.

OK, now I have a question.  I have pretty much purchased all of the pre-qualifying packages on that link as of March this year.  Am I to understand that even though my software is not yet a year old, I have to repurchase an existing package that I have to get the $169.00 price for CrazyTalk Animator 3?  While I understand there will be a launch sale for existing owners, someone had mentioned that the upgrade price is going to be more than the pre-sale offer.

If this is indeed the case and I do wish to upgrade, I might as well take advantage of the pre-sale offer, however, from an existing customer that has already invested in all of these products, it really doesn't make sense for me.
psaldari
psaldari
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)Senior Member (291 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hi,
the windows and mac versions are released in the same time?

By
Paolo
Ladyjazze
Ladyjazze
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (364 reputation)Senior Member (364 reputation)Senior Member (364 reputation)Senior Member (364 reputation)Senior Member (364 reputation)Senior Member (364 reputation)Senior Member (364 reputation)Senior Member (364 reputation)Senior Member (364 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I agree with Gareth and Don.  I, too, am a Premium Member with CTA2 Pipeline.  I don't need anymore new content.  Just an upgrade to CTA3.  Also, I'm a student.  Will there be an academic discount?  Will there be a DARK user interface option?  I am developing a line of custom characters that I plan on using with the G2 templates provided in the Buddy's World pack.  Will there be any compatibility issues with this upgrade?  How will the new boning features work with pre-existing templates?  Since I haven't started using the templates yet for this project, I would hate to do all of this work ahead of time and discover issues on the back end.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Ladyjazze

Reading This Topic