TALKING DOG WITH LIP SYNCING

Posted By Luckee Straye 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Luckee Straye
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (659 reputation)Veteran Member (659 reputation)Veteran Member (659 reputation)Veteran Member (659 reputation)Veteran Member (659 reputation)Veteran Member (659 reputation)Veteran Member (659 reputation)Veteran Member (659 reputation)Veteran Member (659 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago

I am starting a nonprofit that supports dogs.  I am looking at purchasing iClone 6 to develop a talking dog that would be the face of the nonprofit.  I saw the dogs in the iClone store, especially like the dachshund.  My challenge is to get a dog looking similar to that one in appearance that I can use to lip sync.  It must be proprietary with no one else using it.   

I know iClone doesn’t have lip syncing for anything but for human characters, but I would want my dog to be standing 100% of the time.  So I was wondering if I could use the dogbuilt in the non-human character platform that I could use with lip syncing, or if not, use in with the human character platform and have it look okay and be able to lip sync and be animated with movements.  I want the character to look like a dog but have human movements.  Is that something that is feasible in iClone 6? 

Thank you,

Edited
8 Years Ago by Luckee Straye
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Proprietary is going to make things very hard as you would need someone to model a charactor specifically for you and that is not cheap.
The new dogs as far as I know are iProps with perform functions but if they have rigged jaws could be brought into 3DXchange and retargetted as iAvatars and the jaw posed for speech in expression editor.
Certainly I have done this with other FBX imports from DAZ and Poser all manner of animals inc the older iClone household set.

animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
I don't remember who, but someone recently did some animal characters using Character Creator. Those would have all functionality of the human counterparts.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Have a look here, this may help.
http://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=JCCcc79fb07b992aa8c3

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
You might want to look into using CrazyTalk which will allow you to animate the face of picture.  This would allow you to easily create a proprietary character.  Its also exponentially easier to use than IClone.  Drawback is you cannot animate the body.   

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Luckee Straye (8/15/2016)

I am starting a nonprofit that supports dogs.  I am looking at purchasing iClone 6 to develop a talking dog that would be the face of the nonprofit.  I saw the dogs in the iClone store, especially like the dachshund.  My challenge is to get a dog looking similar to that one in appearance that I can use to lip sync.  It must be proprietary with no one else using it.   

I know iClone doesn’t have lip syncing for anything but for human characters, but I would want my dog to be standing 100% of the time.  So I was wondering if I could use the dogbuilt in the non-human character platform that I could use with lip syncing, or if not, use in with the human character platform and have it look okay and be able to lip sync and be animated with movements.  I want the character to look like a dog but have human movements.  Is that something that is feasible in iClone 6? 

Thank you,

You could use crazytalk or I clone these are not great examples I made but, with some time and effort you could do a lot and make it nice.

Crazytalk cat talk

Iclone

Shop Link to Dogs
http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/ccdproduct.aspx?contentid=AIC551CIENU050820160811006

Cheers

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
Luckee Straye
Luckee Straye
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (659 reputation)Veteran Member (659 reputation)Veteran Member (659 reputation)Veteran Member (659 reputation)Veteran Member (659 reputation)Veteran Member (659 reputation)Veteran Member (659 reputation)Veteran Member (659 reputation)Veteran Member (659 reputation)

Thanks Wendy for information.  Like your video.
Luckee Straye
Luckee Straye
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks Bray... these may be something I could possibly use.
Luckee Straye
Luckee Straye
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks.... do you know if iclone characters can be moved into CT8?  Back and forth so to speak.
Luckee Straye
Luckee Straye
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I like the dog.  I'm thinking I need a dog humanoid maybe in G6 that can use w/ standard human so I can use those features.  Saw some examples in G6 section that pretty much do what I am looking to do.  Thanks for your help!

Reading This Topic