Profile Picture

Is iClone/Character Creator a good choice?

Posted By JmsRyan 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
JmsRyan
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I am more interested in producing presentation/tutorial and marketing videos.
I have done talking head videos with myself, then incorporated CrazyTalk 8 Pro. I have done some with CrazyTalk Animator 2, as well.
I'd like to have a more than head and shoulders characters in some of the videos.
I downloaded the iClone trial and Character Creator Lite to see.
The Character Creator Lite seems very limited on what you can do (can't do very many faces, nor hair/clothing).
iClone seems pretty limited, as well.

Is this just these versions? Or, does one have to invest in additional software/add-ons?

Thanks!

rampart
rampart
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
When you cross over to IClone it is different.
I would not suggest Iclone unless you acquire 3dxchange as well.
This will give you a jumpstart with an excellent toolbox to start.
http://www.reallusion.com/store/product.html?l=1&p=ic
iClone 6 Character Creator Deluxe Suite
You want the pro version of each for full features.

As I recall the pro version of Iclone 6 comes with Character creator.
If you get busy with Iclone you will find you need the above within a very short time.

I started with IClone Pro several years back.
Within a very short time I had to buy most of the things I needed.
They were more expensive than if I had bought a good pack like the above to start.

Edited
8 Years Ago by rampart

Reading This Topic