Setup has found a previous installation of iclone 6 in your system

Posted By Shockwave1960 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Setup has found a previous installation of iclone 6 in your system

Author
Shockwave1960
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Okay, I just purchased my upgrade to iClone 6.5.  I'm getting the error seen in the subject line. 

I've uninstalled everything.  Any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks,
Daniel Carda

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hi Daniel,

2 things, 

1 - the upgrade from 6 to 6.5 is free,  all you had to do was update not re-buy.

2 - usually when i get errors, like the one you mentioned, in my system,  it means that there is a rogue registry entry that was left behind after uninstall.   -   I usually use ccleaner to keep my registry clean from incomplete uninstalls like that one.. - but I can't recommend this to you because if you are not careful,  you could damage your computer by damaging your registry -  I don't know your set up or computer skill level and if something gets damaged,  you might not be able to log on for more support -   that said,  use at your own risk -  https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download  -  I've yet to hear of someone ruining their computer using it,  but that doesn't mean it's not possible being this is such a sensitive area of your operating system.

for a safer approach,  try submitting a ticket to support and see if they have any special steps or software to fix this in a more secure way. 

I hope this helps.

Edited
8 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
GoneBy2018 (7/20/2016)
Okay, I just purchased my upgrade to iClone 6.5.  I'm getting the error seen in the subject line. 

I've uninstalled everything.  Any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks,
Daniel Carda

Hi Daniel,

As PSD has already mentioned, the upgrade to iClone 6.5 was FREE so you didn't need to purchase it again. Unless you specifically wanted two copies I would contact Customer Support and we can arrange a refund. At the same time we can provide you with the iClone registry cleaner which once used should allow you to install again.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic