Iclones problem with editing the eyes

Posted By michael7 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
michael7
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I've noticed a couple of issues with iclobe here and there but for the most part I love the program. However, one of the issues troubling me is after you've laid down some animation motions Iclone allows you to modify any body part except the eyes. Let me clarify, it allows you to modify the eyes but only to close them further. It won't let you open them more unless you make a new motion. The problem for me is, all of the motions I've done are perfect except this one area in the middle of the animation where I want to open the eyes more just for a brief moment to give it more expression. The face editor won't let me do that. Why not Iclone? This seems silly.
Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
michael7 (7/20/2016)
I've noticed a couple of issues with iclobe here and there but for the most part I love the program. However, one of the issues troubling me is after you've laid down some animation motions Iclone allows you to modify any body part except the eyes. Let me clarify, it allows you to modify the eyes but only to close them further. It won't let you open them more unless you make a new motion. The problem for me is, all of the motions I've done are perfect except this one area in the middle of the animation where I want to open the eyes more just for a brief moment to give it more expression. The face editor won't let me do that. Why not Iclone? This seems silly.

Do you have a copy of 3DXchange?  If so I can show you a way to do this.

All the best

Alan M
michael7
michael7
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

alan_20090922165144871 (7/20/2016)
michael7 (7/20/2016)

Do you have a copy of 3DXchange?  If so I can show you a way to do this.

All the best

Thanks Alan! yes I do, the full package. I actually figured out a work around to my problem this afternoon though and I'm very happy with the result. I posted about it in another thread but I'll copy and paste it at the bottom of this one. I'd be interested in seeing if your idea is the same or better than what I came up with. Thanks again Smile.

Here it is;
I agree. One of the big faults with iclone for me was ( I say was for a reason ) I needed to open a characters eyes in the middle of an animation sequence and the face editor won't allow the opening of the eyes, you can only further close them. This makes no sense when it comes to editing. But I found a work around by going into 3DXchange and created a new morph in the expression editor which I then imported on top of my character. I then went to that place in the time line and using the face puppet blended that new expression with the open eyes onto what was already there. And got a much better and more realistic result in my opinion than if I had just opened the eyes with the editor.

Edited
8 Years Ago by michael7
Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi Michael,

My method is mildly different from yours but yes you do indeed need to play with the expression editor inside of 3DX, without it your a bit sunk.
I will record a short video for you showing you my solution and post it on my YouTube channel.  I will let you know when it is there.

All the best

Alan M
michael7
michael7
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

alan_20090922165144871 (7/21/2016)
Hi Michael,

My method is mildly different from yours but yes you do indeed need to play with the expression editor inside of 3DX, without it your a bit sunk.
I will record a short video for you showing you my solution and post it on my YouTube channel.  I will let you know when it is there.

All the best

Cool, thanks Alan!

Reading This Topic