Profile Picture

Thank You RL, you just made me one of your biggest fans!

Posted By VirtualMedia 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Thank You RL, you just made me one of your biggest fans!

Author
VirtualMedia
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I've been ranting forever and a day about facial animation updates and just read some great news. w00t  And yes it was on a social network... YouTube Whistling

"That is already in the process. Our development team has already been hard at work at revamping the entire facial / expression system in iClone. This will be our next biggest improvement. Stay tuned."

MixMove II – Click and Command Automatic Motion Blending System

RL, Thanks again for the excellent news!

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Edited
8 Years Ago by VirtualMedia
pmaina
pmaina
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
That's really good news. Was almost getting blinded by the shiny-shinies.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
This is, by a HUGE margin, the one thing keeping me from using iClone.  It's also the most important part of ANY animation effort (as humans we react to facial expressions more strongly than anything else).  I'm glad you passed this link and even more glad you are continuing to bring this up to RL -- can't hurt to have as many voices expressing this need as possible.

I hope I live long enough to see this (at my age that's always a concern :>Wink.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Kelleytoons (7/18/2016)
This is, by a HUGE margin, the one thing keeping me from using iClone.  It's also the most important part of ANY animation effort (as humans we react to facial expressions more strongly than anything else).  Can't hurt to have as many voices expressing this need as possible.

I hope I live long enough to see this (at my age that's always a concern :>Wink.

Agreed, nothing has an impact on emotions like convincing facial expression. In the meantime take good care of yourself so you can play around with these new features Wink

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
will2power71
will2power71
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Kelleytoons (7/18/2016)
This is, by a HUGE margin, the one thing keeping me from using iClone.  It's also the most important part of ANY animation effort (as humans we react to facial expressions more strongly than anything else).  I'm glad you passed this link and even more glad you are continuing to bring this up to RL -- can't hurt to have as many voices expressing this need as possible.

This was one of the things I seriously campaigned for. The puppet controller is not ideal for the type of animation that I want to do. I'm happy to see that we're making some headway with addressing some of the things most of us have been after for a while now. I am really looking forward to seeing what they come up with --with a little apprehension, but a generally good feeling about it. If this is a leap forward, then iClone's making it possible to stay within one application to do all my animating and I really like that. 

Reading This Topic