OFFICIAL 3DXchange 6.5 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Everyone Smile

We have another new 3DXchange 6 update and need your continued assistance to help us track down any remaining bugs, glitches or other annoying issues. 

3DXchange 6.5 adds some new customization features and also comes a number of important fixes and enhancements.

Important: If you do find any bugs, issues or glitches in the 6.5 update, please can you first report them in the Feedback Tracker. Then feel free to discuss the issues in this thread. However do make use of the Feedback Tracker first to log the issue.

As always, do feel free to post general discussion about 3DXchange 6 in your own threads, but it will help us greatly if we can keep all outstanding issue discussion in the one place.

Please do try to provide your full system specifications and a detailed description of the problem when posting. If you can provide steps so we can try and reproduce the problem this will be even better.

Many thanks for your continued support. It is very much appreciated. Smile   

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi Peter,

I reported the issue in the feedbacl tracker, but in reality I am not sure whether it is a real bug or simly I am missing something.
Let me report the issue also here.

I have 3DXChange 5 and 6 and I noticed the following different behavior, which puzzles me:

- in version 5, I can assign a texture to the Diffuse channel of an imported FBX file and the texture correctly appears
- in version 6, given THE SAME FBX FILE, after assigning the same texture in the same way as just described, the texture does not appear

No idea what I am missing: any suggestion is more than welcomed...

Thanks
Regards

Roberto 

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
I can confirm Roberto's issue. I just tried to replace a diffuse texture on an FBX file and even though it shows in the Diffuse thumbnail, it doesn't update on the item.

EDIT: After I replaced another texture on the same item, it did show up. I then did an undo and the first texture was replaced as well...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
8 Years Ago by animagic
jollyro
jollyro
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I got a funny thing happening, when I installed the Update. My Program disappeared from my computer. Windows said, it is there, it was in the registry, but I could not find any trace of the executable file anywhere on my PC. I had no other choice than uninstalling 3DXchange and install the new version. Worked perfect, so far no trouble. Just mentioning, no idea if it is the software or my computer or Win 10... By the way, Apple now helps Windows....
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a9b5be5a-04d9-4561-a1ce-2d4c.jpg
illusionLAB
illusionLAB
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I just discovered I am unable to export FBX or OBJ models from 3Dxchange Pipeline 6.5 - "not enough memory" is the error message.  Of course I had no problems on the same computer with the previous build, so one can assume that this is a result of the latest version.
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
animagic (7/26/2016)
I can confirm Roberto's issue. I just tried to replace a diffuse texture on an FBX file and even though it shows in the Diffuse thumbnail, it doesn't update on the item.

EDIT: After I replaced another texture on the same item, it did show up. I then did an undo and the first texture was replaced as well...Unsure

Hi Job,

thanks for the feedback.
I just sent a fbx file (which shows the issue in 3DX6 but work correctly in 3DX5) to RL so that they can check this case and hopefully fix it.

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

illusionLAB
illusionLAB
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
OK, I just noticed that there's a v6.51 just released which is meant to address this "not enough memory" issue... cheers!
Edited
8 Years Ago by illusionLAB
Viktors
Viktors
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
3DXchange 6.51 have a problem with replace mesh for CC characters.
Export mesh, replace with same mesh and UV changehttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e70b20b9-f388-467d-9ff7-35a0.jpg
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Important: If you do find any additional bugs, issues or glitches in the 6.51 update, please can you first report them in the Feedback Tracker. Then feel free to discuss the issues in this thread. However do make use of the Feedback Tracker first to log the issue.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jesus.amaro
jesus.amaro
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hello,

I Just installed iclone 3dxchange pipeline 6.52 in windows 10 and it would not open, it opens a small empty window and closes it, thats all it does, i Unistall and reinstall but it does the same thing...

Thnks for the help

Reading This Topic