Profile Picture

3d Exchange export to Iclone button is greyed out?

Posted By CherryBlossom 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
CherryBlossom
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I thought that iclone was compatible with Daz studio I've seen the tutorial and it works fine when the model isn't wearing any clothes and the default skin
I think it may be some kind of copyright thing but I've read that it's okay to animate daz characters but not use them for 3d games.

I really like this product and would like to use it for characters but I can't at the moment

I'm not sure what to do or if I should just ask this on the daz fourms..

I can't click export to iclone at all it's completely grey along with all the other export buttons

I'm now using Iclone 6 it doesn't work on either 3d exchange 5 or 6

Lawsuit Pending Records
Lawsuit Pending Records
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
You export FBX out of Daz into 3DXChange 6 then out to iClone. If you follow the tutorials you will see how you can add the face duf key in Daz before export. Clothing and hair etc should not be an issue. You need to lock all the morphs in Daz as well or any changes will not go with it. Are you using iClone 6 Pro and is it the full version or the trial?. Trial may have some limitations regarding export but someone else would need to confirm this. . 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/992e4d8f-3217-4368-a94f-f808.jpg

iC5 Pipeline, iC6 Pipeline, CTA2 Pipeline, CTA Pro, Crazy Talk, Facefilter, POP. 
LAWSUIT PENDING RECORDS Label-Logos-Web Design-Artist Roster-Licensing - Flip type interactive magazine production
CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)Senior Member (461 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Yes it's the full one I've had it for a a bit of a year now.

What I mean was I export my gensis 2 character with facial addon that Iclone made

And it works okay

But as soon as I export clothes or something other than the default skin that comes with daz it won't let me export beyond 3d exchange.

It does show up in 3dexchange 

Maybe the model I'm using is too high poly I did read that 3d exchange has a limit

Anyways thanks for answering...I'll keep messing around with it I suppose..
Lawsuit Pending Records
Lawsuit Pending Records
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
The high poly warning can be overlooked to a degree depending on your computer's capability. Thats not to say it has no limit but I have sent out some ridiculous high poly figures through 3DXChange 6 to iC6 and once or twice had an additional pop up stating it exceeds the limit at export attempt(not the message you get at import stage) so it is a bit of a mystery regarding the greyed out sections as that indicates the standard edition in most other software. I did have some cloth that was getting a little high so I decimated the character and clothing in Daz. Although I might have got a little carried away because she ended up with a head like a half sucked mango so I went back and just bought the cloth down which worked. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/992e4d8f-3217-4368-a94f-f808.jpg

iC5 Pipeline, iC6 Pipeline, CTA2 Pipeline, CTA Pro, Crazy Talk, Facefilter, POP. 
LAWSUIT PENDING RECORDS Label-Logos-Web Design-Artist Roster-Licensing - Flip type interactive magazine production

Reading This Topic