License Requirements to Export CC into FBX file

Posted By Miranda (RL) 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
FBX Output and Content Export Rights 

- No export license is required if users FBX-export default cloth content from CC.
- For CC Assets sold in the Reallusion Content Store and Marketplace, you will need to purchase the corresponding Export License in order to export them to FBX format.

Know more about Export License  

Cloth Modification from the Existing DRM Content (those which you have purchased an Export License)

Credit to The Original Cloth Mesh Designer
1) If you did not change the mesh name and topology of the cloth mesh, then the UID of the cloth will not be changed. That means Reallusion will treat it as the same cloth mesh base when you share or sell your new cloth design in the Reallusion Marketplace or Content Store.
2) With this method, the original designer will be credited, and be able to sell his/her base mesh when users buy your cloth content. Your content become it’s derivative content.
3) Reallusion encourages content collaboration and profit sharing, that is the main purpose of this approach if your modified design is based on others' creative efforts.

Make Your Own Cloth Base Out from Others
1) If you wish to create and sell your own cloth bases by modifying from other people’s cloth meshes, then please make your best efforts to create unique designs that properly differentiate from the original source look.
2) Just imagine that tomorrow you can be the next base mesh owner, and you will enjoy the credit and derivative content benefit from others, so please try to respect the same with the original base mesh owners that you use today.
3) Reallusion retains the right to denounce or take down content with obvious design infringement. Content that is either being reported by the original designer or other community members.

3D Content Selling and Mass Distribution Limitations 

- The unique topology of characters generated by Character Creator is Reallusion’s property. You may not do the following applications unless getting explicit permission from Reallusion:
  • Repurpose them into any other 3D formats, distribute them, or sell them in any third party marketplaces or applications.
  • Use the characters or their morph assets to build up another character generation system in games or interactive services.
- Any files in Reallusion proprietary formats can only be sold in the Reallusion Content Store and Reallusion Marketplace.
- If you wish to export ccContent to any 3D format and include it in your own game titles, apps or interactive applications for public mass distribution then:
Please provide your title information and url, and contact Reallusion at marketing@reallusion.com to register your title.
By registering you can get Reallusion’s written license for free, while gaining valuable feature promotion opportunities by Reallusion.

Know more about Content EULA, AP EULA

If you are not using Character Creator 3 Pipeline Edition, you will requires 3DXChange Pipeline license to export FBX files directly from CC. Please check CC Edition Comparison for more details.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I need to make sure I'm understanding the licensing correctly. If I were to create custom characters using someone's photo, modified the base character mesh in CC3 Pipeline (when it's available), and exported the content for sale directly to an online consumer, that would not work with the licensing?

Or another scenario would be to create a group of characters around a specific theme using CC3 Pipeline, and then sell on the Unity Asset store. Would that not work? If that is true then I must have read the licensing info and EULA incorrectly before I purchased.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Hi Dan...

If you look at the section entitled: "3D Content Selling and Mass Distribution Limitations" you will see you are not permitted to sell characters you create outside of the Reallusion Content Store or Marketplace. Characters created in CC3 can be used in games or other applications, or used in movies, videos or image form, but the actual CC model itself can't be sold on any other stores apart from Reallusion's own stores.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Hi Peter,

Well that really screws up my plans  Smile All this time I thought I would be able to create content and sell it on the Unity Asset Store. You know, make my money back at some point.

Initially I had read:

3. Derivative Content - Refers to CONTENT that is modified from original BASE CONTENT and republished by VENDOR. DERIVATIVE CONTENT must have significant modifications to the original base mesh and/or material in order to be published for sale in the Marketplace orContent Store

It didn't occur to me that Reallusion would be so restrictive on how I could use content, or restrict me to just the Reallusion Content Store or Marketplace. I was thinking about it more like a Maya license. Damn, is all I can say at the moment.
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Just to clarify, the restriction is on characters I create in CC3. Meaning if I use a model from Reallusion. What if I were to create the model from Maya, or outside source, then bring that model into CC3. Then use all the cool things within CC3 on the model, then output for use in the Unity Asset store. Would that work? 
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Peter,
If I brought in Make Human characters, would the content from that be something I can sell on the Unity Asset Store? I think the idea is to protect your models.

So for example:
Make Human -> Mixamo for rigging -> 3DXchange Pipeline -> iClone 7 -> CC2 -> FBX

I'm not sure if that even works because I'm not seeing a way to go from iClone 7 to CC2.

Or with CC3
Make Human -> Mixamo -> CC3 -> FBX

Does any of that work to make 3D characters and sell them? Thanks.

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Peter,

Just to clarify from your post a couple of days ago, I can do games, movies, videos, and images commercially. The clarification needed is I can do these things for clients. Right? For example, a client wants a 30 second animated video. I can do this work using Crazy Talk 8 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, and iClone 7. Is that correct?

I don’t mean to be a pain in the rear with this topic. I’m just looking for an avenue to monetize while staying within the EULA. Thanks.
sirsquish
sirsquish
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Just checking - For Unity
1. If the cc characters are modified in game and only stay in game then this is ok right?
2. If I make a UMA2 "helper" system using character creator models, but didn't include any of the models and users would be required to buy character creator pipeline as a minimum (and export the model bits they want), that would be ok to sell on the asset store? (Most likely I'd include non CC- assets as well - but if they wanted CC models then they need to still pay for CC)

Thanks

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
sirsquish (8/1/2021)
Just checking - For Unity
1. If the cc characters are modified in game and only stay in game then this is ok right?

Yes. Smile

2. If I make a UMA2 "helper" system using character creator models, but didn't include any of the models and users would be required to buy character creator pipeline as a minimum (and export the model bits they want), that would be ok to sell on the asset store? (Most likely I'd include non CC- assets as well - but if they wanted CC models then they need to still pay for CC)

Characters or any other content created using, or sourced from Reallusion software can only be sold in the Reallusion Marketplace or Content Store. They can't be sold in other asset stores.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

renagoff
renagoff
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (51 reputation)New Member (51 reputation)New Member (51 reputation)New Member (51 reputation)New Member (51 reputation)New Member (51 reputation)New Member (51 reputation)New Member (51 reputation)New Member (51 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello, At this beginning stage, like danmiller, AFTER READING THE TERMS, etc. a number of times, I am also unclear as to the flexibility of using characters outside of the Reallusion Store.
I'm not planning on selling outside the store, or selling inside at this early stage, but I need to know my legal environment in case I have a future question. 

To sell outside the store which # number scenario(s) are true:
  1)   I can sell outside the store only if I use a base cc character, and only the free basic clothing from Character Creator (cc) and my own pictures via Headshot
  2)   I can sell outside the store only if I use a base cc character, use my own pictures via Headshot, but I need to create my own clothes, accessories, hair, etc. in other programs and bring them in to cc.
  3)   I can sell outside the store only if I create in other programs--outside of Reallusion--my own base body models and my own clothes and hair and textures and bring the them into cc with only the purpose of integrating them into iClone (I'm new, and this item may not make sense) 
                  3a) but I can use my own pictures with Headshot 
 and then sell outside the Reallusion Store.or 3b) and I cannot use Headshot in any manner and then sell outside the Reallusion Store.
  4)   There is nothing I can do within Character Creator that allows selling outside the Reallusion Store.
  5)   There is nothing I can do within any of Reallusion products that allow selling outside the Reallusion Store.
  6)   An option not listed here.

I'd really appreciate letting me know if the licensing is 
1, 2, 3, 3a, 3b, 4, 5, 6  --- I just need it clearer than the terms already posted. Thank you. 

Reading This Topic