G2 and G1

Posted By gramon55 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gramon55
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
There are so many characters out there in the marketplace that do not indicate whether they are G1 or G2. Then, In my crazytalk animator program, I try to put heads and bodies, or different combinations, but I keep getting that different generations don't go together. Yet, the content manager seldom indicates the generation. Could Reallusion reset the organization of characters, etc to make it clear which generation characters are right on the Content Manager, and in the store? That would be a great time saver.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks for the feedback. I will pass on your feedback to our content team to review.

In general the product requirements should indicate the generation of the character. So if the product is for CrazyTalk Animator 1 or above then the content will be defined as G1 (unless both versions are included). If the product is for CrazyTalk Animator 2 only then it is likely a G2 character. In addition the product description should show the type of content included.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

gramon55
gramon55
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Part of the problem is during the use. G2 characters have the G2 RS marking. However, props or body parts are not necessarily indicated. Let's say, Sprite based heads do not work with Cherry, regardless of whether they are marked as G2 or not. Packages like Cosmic Hero, Occupations vol 1 work with morph based, but not sprite based heads.  Ideally, they should either be separate in G1 and G2 groups in the Content Manager, or become compatible.
Thanks for the response. 

Reading This Topic