Profile Picture

How to get 3dxchange 4

Posted By gokom2003 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gokom2003
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)Senior Member (493 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I have Iclone 4 pro.

I need 3dxchange and can not find any place to get.  I know it is old now but I have Iclone 4 and not interested in spending a few hundred to upgrade to Iclone 6 bundle.

Anyone know where to buy a copy? 

Or even the version of Character Creator that works with Iclone 4.

I tried the "trial version"  but it errors out and says I don't have Iclone 6 installed.

Thanks--
Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
When I bought the boxed set of Iclone4 Pro from Amazon several years ago, it included 3dXchange version 2 and an early version of Pop Video.

You might find an old boxed set for sale but I'm almost certain that it isn't transferable if it has been used (installed) already.  So please beware.

Character Creator is free to Iclone6 users and is not sold.  The characters it produces (I would guess) are not able to be used in Iclone4.

Sometimes 3d magazines have provided Iclone 4 or 5 and even 3dXchange (Standard or Pro? - I don't know) for free.  It might be worth searching through back issues of 3d World or 3dArtist magazines.  Unfortunately, these free offers might have had a registration period which has expired by now.  Once again, you need to be wary of a useless purchase.

Iclone 6 is an excellent program, should you change your mind about buying it, but I was also very happy with version 5.  (I only bought 4 in time to qualify for version 5 free).

The problem with version 6 is that a more powerful computer is required than is necessary for versions 4 or 5. 

Reading This Topic