Posted By elliespotter 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Character Creator Chaacter Cloth missing Input Maps in Marketplace

Author
elliespotter
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
From Clone Cloth Essential Clothing, I only need the Blazer Base as all my other clothing needs are covered by the Professional Outfits Clothing Pack.

Sadly, the Blazer Base in the Marketplace which I hoped would be my answer does not come with Input Maps which rather takes away the major step forward on Clone Cloth that comes with this generation.

Is there a way to add Input Maps to the Marketplace version of the Blazer Base?

Or, do I really have to buy the entire collection of Essential Clothing just for one jacket, whose fabric and buttons I'll be adding myself?

Kind regards,

Alex

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
http://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=JCC857d5e2aa146b1695]
See under this link. The Blazer-Basic ist here on the Marketplace
Greets from germany
Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
elliespotter
elliespotter
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Thanks Postfrosch, I know and downloaded it.
Sadly it does not allow me to see the input maps. I also downloaded the Schoolgirl CC Character but, though she has input maps in her blazer, I cannot get to them to edit the RGB map.
I'm guessing I have to buy the pack which seems rather a wasted expense.

Kind regards,

Alex

elliespotter
elliespotter
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Sw0000p,

I did just that to make my own RGB map, so I can do that to make a diffuse map and the other maps (specular, bump etc.) for editing in IC6.

Then I can revert to IC5 tailoring methods, I guess, though the Schoolgirl avatar RGB map does give me buttons and pocket flaps so IC5+, perhaps?

One day I'd like to come up with a project idea that just works ... Unsure

Kind regards,

Alex

elliespotter
elliespotter
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the offer Sw0000p but I know how to handle all that stuff now that it's clear that I cannot directly access the CC Input Maps (except by the tools).

I was just hoping that I could do all the work in Character Creator and use the smarter materials methods. I thought 50 points was a bit cheap for a CC Base ...

Kind regards,

Alex

Edited
8 Years Ago by elliespotter
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Hello elliespooter,
without the Essential Package You can view the window for the RGB input map etc.
Do not open. These packages are mandatory pledge, so you can work efficiently with the CC.
See the links to the packages: Warung: The are expensive UNFORTUNATELY

http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/iClone/pack/CC_Essential_Morph_Skin/default.aspx
 http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/iClone/pack/CC_Essential_Cloth_Fabric/default.aspx
With this packages you can then also bring something into existence.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e31876f2-8b0a-447a-ac18-b5d9.jpg

I make this Orc with the Professional Outfit Clothes
Greets from Germany
Postfrosch

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Like Postfrosch said, the Essential Packs (both clothing and skin) enable the various map input boxes in CC. So if you don't have them, you can't import any sort of maps into CC.

Edited
8 Years Ago by rampa
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I really wish Reallusion hadn't called it an "Essentials Pack."
The word "pack" makes it wound like "additional content," which is not normally connected to functionality.

They should have had Character Creator and Character Creator Pro, with  the "Pro" version including the functionality you get with the Essentials Pack.  It could have been (should be) tied to your iClone "Basic or Pro" license. That would have been a less confusing marketing message.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
8 Years Ago by justaviking
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

They should have had Character Creator and Character Creator Pro, with  the "Pro" version including the functionality you get with the Essentials Pack.  It could have been (should be) tied to your iClone "Basic or Pro" license. That would have been a less confusing marketing message.         
#

I also thought it would be "only" additional content, but quickly realized (search for an hour) that it desperately needs this Essential pack for reasonable work.
I'm curious what belongs to "surprise" with the update 1.5 on us
+1 Thanks for this answer
Greets from Germany
Postfrosch

Edited
8 Years Ago by Postfrosch
elliespotter
elliespotter
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Here's the thing?

Buy a box of chocolates, just because really, really want the one perfect chocolate. Or spend the next week trying to create the perfect chocolate?

I think I'll be buying the Essentials Pack.

Sorry, Sw0000p. I am a story teller not a graphic artist.

Kind regards,

Alex

Reading This Topic