Profile Picture

Who Can Make These Two Hairstyles for Me?

Posted By william.carey30 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
william.carey30
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
My email is william.carey30@gmail.com.  I use iClone 5 Standard and 3DXchange 5 Pipeline.  Please let me know what it would cost to make these two hairstyles, both "bleach-blonde" and parted on her left.  The photo is just to show you the color and texture.  I  know that they are a "throwback" blow-dried look, but I am 54 years old, so that's to be expected on my female characters! LOL

Best regards,

Bill Carey

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a1d50e2e-df46-4a59-94d5-cf4f.png  
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Have you considered DAZ hair?  I have bought a few from them and been able to convert them fine in 3DX5.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

william.carey30
william.carey30
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi!

Don't really know anything about DAZ.  Do I just Google "DAZ Store" or something?  So you just purchase and download them, open in 3DX, and export into iClone?  Are you also still using iClone 5, or am I the last person on the planet?

Thanks for the help,

Bill Carey
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

william.carey30 (6/29/2016)
Hi!

Don't really know anything about DAZ.  Do I just Google "DAZ Store" or something?  So you just purchase and download them, open in 3DX, and export into iClone?  Are you also still using iClone 5, or am I the last person on the planet?

Sorry about that Bill,
Many iClone users have tried DAZ before coming to iClone because it's free.  Since it sounds like you haven't and it may be a bit much to tackle right now because there is a learning curve some people find frustrating and time consuming.  You would have to register an account with them and download their software before you could purchase from the content store, then find the product in the software, load it, export it, then bring it into 3DX, then into iClone, I don't think that's what you're after here unless you're in no hurry for the hair.  However you could look HERE at what they have to offer in hair and if you find something that fits what you're after I'd be willing to obtain it for you and convert them in DAZ to obj and/or fbx so you could work with them in 3dXchange.  All I'd ask for is to be compensated for the cost of the hair. 

I use both iC5 (sometimes) and iC6 mostly and there are still users in the forum that use iC5 only.  Some of them might pitch in and give you a better way to obtain the hair you want, if not I'm willing to help any way I can. Smile

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
What comes to mind is the Hampton Hair product, which allows you morph the hair the way you want in DAZ and then bake the morphs and export.

Will Veeke is an iClone developer who has done a lot of hair, but I don't know if that particular look is part of his collection.

EDIT: Link: http://www.daz3d.com/hampton-hair.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
8 Years Ago by animagic
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

animagic is right the Hampton hair does come close.

You can also look at TurboSquid for hair as long as it's an obj or fbx you wouldn't need anyone to convert them in DAZ, I've set the link up to show you just those.

And Renderosity has some DAZ/Poser hair too.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
the daz conversions are actually super easy -    you just drag the hair right into the scene,  no model or nothing,  then export as obj ...and import as a prop -  easy to resize and attach to character.   I recently converted a small collection of hair meshes that way.  Also,  be sure to visit the Daz shop often,  every so often they have these free bundle give aways that have some really useful stuff.     it's worth learning daz enough to access their 3D content library and free give aways. Smile

Edited
8 Years Ago by planetstardragon
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
if you are really keen a modeller like Blender or for a simpler option Wings3D will enable you to make your own hair
mostly they are just a cap with flaps of mesh that are transmapped as strands you just need to UV map them to take texture maps, as far as modeling goes making hairs are a good place to start and Blender also has particle hair that can be draped and exported as mesh.
Daz studio also has a plugin you can buy called LAMH (look at my hair) I use a lot to make fibrehair, you just export a Reallusion head as an obj which you can do without Pipeline and paint grow the hair on it in DAZ studio and style it then export that hair as an obj prop.
Just some things to think about in future as you get more confident.

Reading This Topic