Posted By Ibis Fernandez 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Frame belnding, morphing, or additional rame interpolation rendering

Author
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Morphing has been around for ages. When combined with an animation program (going beyond just vector interpolation) the results could lead to animation that looks just as smooth and beautiful as anything Disney has ever produced.

I suggest a rendering feature than can be used to add additional morphing capabilities to animation by further interpolating frames from one key frame to the next. This would eliminate a lot of the visual jarring and popping that takes pace during sprite switching by smoothing out the pixels between frames.

For years I have used a long discontinued product called FrameFree to create smooth animation using minimal hand drawn key frames to automate my inbetweens, and it works great, unfortunately this is a programs from the days of windows 98 and its getting impossible to continue using it. Also other plugins for AE such as REFLEX, http://revisionfx.com/products/reflex/ , can be used to make any animation smoother and more fluid. But if something like this can be added directly to CTA3 the quality of the animation that can be produced natively will be dramatically improved.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
You continue to impress me, Ibis Fernandez, with your knowledge of CrazyTalk Animator.  I have, but rarely used, CTA1 because I couldn't get the results I was after and found it too cumbersome to create custom characters or animations.  CTA2 Trial didn't impress me a whole lot either because of its limitations, I am impressed however with the looks of what's coming in CTA3 and may just jump back in! Smile

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thanks for the kind words, Snarp!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I put this little demo to demonstrate my frame blending/morphing technique. This is essentially what I'm talking about in this suggestion. It would be great if CTA3 would simply have an automated process in place during render-time so it would smooth out the sequences. It would help get rid of the annoying effect that happens during sprite switching.

This video demonstrates my technique for polishing up animation by way of morphing. CTA often creates jarring pops during sprite switching process. But by using a morphing technique whereby i can automate the interpolation of new frames from one to the next, I generate fake inbetweens that previously didn't exist. Once this is done, I then simply average out the frames and scale it back down to its original frame count and speed. The new combination of original frames and fake inbetweens now provides a sequence that is a lot more fluid and and is not so jarring.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.

Reading This Topic