Iclone 6 Crashes whilst opening a project

Posted By woody173 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
woody173
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
HI I am a new member to iClone6.43 (I think) so bare with me if this is a really dumb question. I have created my project and when I come back to it, it freezes at 44% and then says iclone 6 AP has unexpected closed. (see insert)  I thought it might be because I was still using windows 7 so I updated to windows 10 and low and behold it did it again. Would anyone suggest I reinstall the software or will it just keep my old settings and still have the same problem. I have had the problem quite a lot since buying iclone 6 but didn't have the problem when I tested it out with the freebie off the reallusion site. As I say I'm now on windows 10 using 8gb ram 1tb HD and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 graphics card. Which I thought was compatible for my needs. Any info would be really appreciated.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f2db551f-4558-422a-a1f4-5910.png

Many thanks
james_muia
james_muia
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
How many polygons did the scene have? I run into this problem all the time because IC becomes unstable after 200-300k polygons. It's a real shame - I had big plans with this software but the software limitations prevents me from doing anything epic with it.

Go to %temp%, and delete everything in there.
Then launch IC (select not to load the scene), and go into the settings/preferences and turn off all of the graphic features IE: shadows, etc.
Try launching the scene and see if it lets you load it.

IMDB: James Muia
Aviticus Dragon on YouTube

Computer Specs:
Intel® Core™ i7-7820X Processor (8x 4.30GHz/11MB L3 Cache)
Corsair Hydro Series H115i 280mm
Liquid CPU CoolerASUS ROG STRIX X299-E Gaming Motherboard
32 GB DDR4-3200 GSKILL Ripjaws V Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - 11GB - EVGA FTW3

animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
@woody173: I think your graphics card is the bottle neck. If you look at this comparison http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GT+610 you can see that it is severely underpowered. It also has only 1GB of video RAM, which is not enough for any but the simplest scenes. So I would look for an updated card. Something like a GTX960 with 4GB of VRAM or better.

With the right system iClone 6 can be very stable and handle large scenes. I have done scenes with over 500k polys; others do even more. But it is not just polygons, it's the size of high-quality textures as well, which is why you need a card with plenty of VRAM. Lots of system RAM doesn't hurt either.

I checked here: http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/iclone_requirements.aspx. The recommended requirements are a minimum of 2GB of VRAM, but I think RL should provide optimum requirements as well as. I've always found RL's recommendations a bit unrealistic.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

studio_savyra
studio_savyra
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I kept having this problem as well, and I have an almost identical setup to Woody123. It helped a lot when I went to the high performance setting with Power4Gear Hybrid, this made a difference.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
woody173 (6/8/2016)
As I say I'm now on windows 10 using 8gb ram 1tb HD and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 graphics card. Which I thought was compatible for my needs. Any info would be really appreciated.

Many thanks

With Nvidia graphics card it is the second digit in the model number that is important. Ideally you will need a card with a second digit of at least 5 or higher. As already mentioned you really need something like an Nvidia GTX 960, 970 or 980 if you want to get the best performance out of iClone 6. You will struggle badly with the GT 610 unless you work with extremely small scenes and lower resolution textures. Sorry we can't give you better news.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic