Unable to reinstall

Posted By AverageJoe 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
AverageJoe
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I had installed IC4 Pro several days ago, and didn't have any problems.  However, this morning, when I tried to start it up, it wouldn't do anything.  Not even a splash screen.  So I uninstalled and am trying to reinstall, but I get an error message that my serial number isn't a real serial number.  I am copying the serial number directly from the reciept I got, and the same one I used to install it initially, but it wont accept it.

I went to me account page and clicked the resend button, and the serial number it sent is the same, but it's not formatted the same, it's without the dashes as is seen on the reciept page.

Regardless, I've tried both of them (with and without the dashes) but it's still a no go.l  I sent support an email, but they say it's gonna take 2-3 business days before I can expect an answer, and that really kinda binds me up.  I was hoping to do a quick project over the weekend...

So any other advice?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 49 minutes ago
Hi wizaerd,

This is a problem that has come to light today and is affecting some users who have tried to reinstall iClone4. Support have been informed and will look into this urgently.

Please try again shortly in case it is just a temporary glitch in the system.

Apologies for the inconvenience this issue is causing.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Thanx Peter, I will try a bit later then.  Should I be using the serial with the dashes, without the dashes, or it doesn't matter?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

You should enter it with the dashes. Copying and pasting is the best way to enter the serial. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You may also want to tell support then that if a user chooses the resend option from their accounts page, the serial comes in the reponse email un-formatted, with no dashes...
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Most recent serial number may well work without the dashes, but I always think it is best to input it in the format originally supplied, and that is with the dashes.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

sumthinwong
sumthinwong
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Have notified tech support....Tried to do initial install and will not except serial number (pasted in).

All arts is political, otherwise it would just be decoration. And all artists have something to say, otherwise they'd make shoes.

Earl of Oxford

sumthinwong
sumthinwong
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Is the RL server down?........No automatic or manual product registration..would hate to think I will not receive a fix it until Monday.

All arts is political, otherwise it would just be decoration. And all artists have something to say, otherwise they'd make shoes.

Earl of Oxford

chesson
chesson
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 15 Years Ago
I'm having a similar problem with WidgetCast Pro - a message box appears that says "This is not an official serial number".  I also tried both, with and without the dashes. No luck.
owenssj
owenssj
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hey Wizard,I had the Same Problem with Iclone 1 2and3. What I did I Un-installed it. Then went to My Computer/Program Files/Reallusion Folder and Deleted all Folders Of IClone.Lets say in your Case IClone 4,All Files.Restart and try again.Hope this Helps....Later

Reading This Topic