Posted By jmcmahon 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Idea.png
jmcmahon
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
First off, I am brand new to CrazyTalk Animator. I have scoured youtube for tutorials about animations using the pre-generated action sequences, however I can't find an answer to my question...

My question is as follows:
I would like to use the default actor animation sequences for my characters, at least until i feel confident enough to animate the actors myself. The problem I am facing however is that when i go from one animation to another, the "transition" between the two animations is non-existent and the animation looks like a bad cut. lets say, for example, actor Emma going from "Motion->3D->02_Idle->Normal_Female" to "Motion->3D->03_Talk->Talk_Presentation" - she will have a normal idle pose for the first 251 frames, but as soon as it hits 252, her arms will be up in the air in presentation mode. Is there a(n easy) way to combine the two animation sequences with a smooth animated transition, such as her moving the arms into position for the next animation sequence? Or will I have to transform her manually (ugh!) ?

Looking forward to your responses... I need to get this project finished by next week...
Edited
8 Years Ago by jmcmahon
Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I am no expert...lol
I use the pre-made motions and tweak them it is easy. Also you can buy a Mocap xbox one camera (and RL Plugin) and PN sensors to make it all perfectly..

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

jmcmahon
jmcmahon
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)Veteran Member (541 reputation)

Thanks for your reply, Bray.

I really like the idea of using the xbox one camera and PN sensors - is the RL plugin for the camera or for importing the data to CTA2? Would you happen to have any resources you would be able to share (info, websites, etc)?
Also, as far as tweaking the motions, am I correct in assuming you're doing it through the 3D motion key editor and character transform on the timeline?

Thanks!

Bray42 (6/2/2016)
I am no expert...lol
I use the pre-made motions and tweak them it is easy. Also you can buy a Mocap xbox one camera (and RL Plugin) and PN sensors to make it all perfectly..

Ibis Fernandez
This post has been flagged as an answer
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
on the edges of the motions in the timeline you can stretch the edges so as to create a longer or shorter transition period. by overlapping this transition zones you create animation blends. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
jmcmahon
jmcmahon
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

YES!! That was exactly what I was looking for! I was wondering what those clear parts on the edges of the motions were for! now I just have to adjust the joint masking between motions. Smile

Ibis Fernandez (6/3/2016)
on the edges of the motions in the timeline you can stretch the edges so as to create a longer or shorter transition period. by overlapping this transition zones you create animation blends. 

Reading This Topic