Garry Pye's Comic Faces (2016/06)

Posted By Miranda (RL) 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5b12d9f5-d5e7-4dee-b6dc-66d1.png

Reallusion is an expert at blurring the lines between reality and illusion, and now we have taken this a step further by introducing new content that was originally in 2D and then magically morphing it into workable, animatable 3D characters.

Reallusion proudly presents this revolutionary new content pack, from the creatively genius mind of Garry Pye, that demonstrates the latest novelty in transforming hand drawn strokes into full 3D Comic Heads. An amazing idea that will undoubtly open the border for cross 2D and 3D animation.

This unique 3D collection of Garry Pye's Comic Faces, can be used with CrazyTalk 8, Character Character and iClone 6 PRO -- allowing you to further modify their shape and facial features, combining them with stylized body morphs, outfits and accessories that are all ready to animate.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/557e9861-cddc-43dd-b7fa-b300.png

Pack includes :
  • RLHead x10 
  • Bonus ctiModel x10 
  • OBJ Resource Files x10
To see a preview of all the RLHead and CT Actor included in this pack, also the character design ideas, please click HERE

File Size :   534 MB

Compatible with :
  • Character Creator 1.42
  • iClone 6.42
  • CrazyTalk 8.03
  • 3DXchange 6.42 Pipeline if you want to export

Advanced Tips & Tricks for Working with Big Blinking Eyes

The Garry Pye - Comic Faces Content pack brings an exciting new way to create unique fully body characters, but due to their exaggerated eye size, users might not always be able to properly make these characters blink. In this case, users can adopt CT Actors directly in CrazyTalk 8; while in iClone and Character Creator, users can use OBJ resource files to adjust the facial expressions in 3DXchange. Please check HERE for more details.

Character Design Idea

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/324ae854-359d-44e4-996a-42c1.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c1e59028-2b40-48fb-86b3-1e76.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/72add24e-12a3-464a-84a3-cd2c.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4e1c6af3-f2b1-4024-960c-6a79.jpg

Edited
7 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
There isn't any link to this pack, is it available?

Found it HERE

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Edited
8 Years Ago by Snarp Farkle
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Snarp Farkle (6/2/2016)
There isn't any link to this pack, is it available?

Found it HERE

Thanks Snarp Farkle!
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Not to drift OT here, Miranda, but the issue with the eyes is one I've run across as well, and now that RL is selling *content* that has this problem perhaps it's something that could be considered to be on the list to "fix" in future editions of the products without us having to jump through hoops (since you now obviously have some good examples with which to work with to remove this issue).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (6/2/2016)
Not to drift OT here, Miranda, but the issue with the eyes is one I've run across as well, and now that RL is selling *content* that has this problem perhaps it's something that could be considered to be on the list to "fix" in future editions of the products without us having to jump through hoops (since you now obviously have some good examples with which to work with to remove this issue).

Hi Kelleytoons, thanks for your feedback. Eye blinking adjustment is on our wish list for CC. I understand that what you mentioned is not about a specific case, but the general rules. Thanks for your continuous feedback to make us improve in product design and product delivery. Smile
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
I think the Comic Faces are pretty cool!  They morph very well with or without the comic skin, this was a good deal. Smile

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

pmaina
pmaina
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Comic and toon packs really work well with iClone. Great content pack which is a future must-have for me. Unfortunately right now I want to do high realism VFX with the help of iClone so holding to see if the render improvements in 6.5 will open that door.
Edited
8 Years Ago by pmaina
j-wag
j-wag
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Which characters can you apply them to? So far, I've only been able to apply the heads to "Christian" and "Natalie" and then send them to Character Creator. They don't seem to work on any other avatars...
TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I purchased this pack the other day. They are excellent and look great. Please can we have more Gary !

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

garrypye
garrypye
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hey j-wag. These faces are designed to work only with the Character Creator base models. Sorry for the late reply. I didn't even realise this thread existed until now. I hope you like the comic faces I designed. Believe me when I say that it's when you put them in to Character Creator that they really shine. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me at garrypye@bigpond.net.au

Garry Pye
www.facebook.com/garrypyeanimations?ref=bookmarks

Reading This Topic