Can I use a background as a prop?

Posted By arthomasbooks 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
arthomasbooks
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I'm NEW to Crazytalk Animator.  So, I don't know all the "tricks."  I recently purchased some great backgrounds and props.  For example, I have some sky backgrounds and land backgrounds.  I also have a haunted house background.  The problem is that the ground does NOT have a sky, and the sky does NOT have any ground, and the haunted house does NOT have a sky, ground or trees.  I thought I could put the sky as the background, lay the ground down, and then add the house, BUT every time I add the house or the land, it replaces the sky.  If I put the land in, and then try to put the house on it, it replaces the land.  Is there a way to convert the house into a prop and also convert the yard into a prop so I can use them with the sky? 
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I haven't used CTA in many moons but try holding the ctrl key as you drag and drop to add an image as a prop instead of a background image.  I believe thats how it works in Iclone anywho....

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

arthomasbooks
arthomasbooks
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)Veteran Member (503 reputation)

Unfortunately that did NOT work either.

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
When you drag & drop an image onto the stage it will ask you if you want to create a Prop, Image Layer or Background.
Then just select one of those choices.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Edited
8 Years Ago by jlittle
arthomasbooks
arthomasbooks
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I am aware of what you are talking about.  However, it only seems to give you that option with the preset backgrounds that already come with CrazyTalk?  These are drawings made by a 3rd party.  I was able to put two of them together, after doing some poking around, but I still can't get the sky in.  Another disturbing thing I just stumbled across is the fact that some of my preset backgrounds that originally came with Crazytalk have now disappeared.  Until I downloaded the last couple of 3rd party backgrounds, I had a complete Crazytalk forest scene, a complete Crazytalk park scene, and two complete Crazytalk apartment scenes that have all disappeared.     Now I only have the separate parts of each scene as various props, such as a chair, window, etc. ...  It must have very limited storage space if scenes start disappearing like that?  That kind of makes me a little concerned that I won't be able to build up a very substantial library of characters or locations, & should possibly only do a few scenes at a time, export them, and then delete?  Somehow I don't think I should be losing data after only downloading a few extra backgrounds.  That is very concerning.  (I do NOT believe this is a virus either.  I purchased everything on reallusion.com ...  I seriously doubt they would allow dangerous stuff on their own site.)  
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I can take almost any image and import (drag&drop) it into CTA2 (PC Version) and turn it into a Prop, Image Layer or Background.
If you are using the CTA2 MAC version there is probably a difference as to which file types you can import.

There is no reason for any files to disappear. The system will not randomly delete a file to make room.
Make sure you are looking in the Scene Template and not the Scene Custom folder.
I've reorganized my Template folders so I can't tell you where it should be but do a search on "Forest.ctScene" and see if you can find it.
You can't move, delete or write over anything in the Template area from the CTA program but in windows explorer you can.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

arthomasbooks
arthomasbooks
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks for responding.  I actually found everything I thought I lost.  I'm just compiling a lot of stuff now...  backgrounds, props and characters...  It's all still there.  I was just having trouble locating everything.    I did figure out the sky thing...  the sky was a free download from a 3rd party, for an older version of Crazytalk, like Crazytalk 1.1...  I have Crazytalk Animator 2.0 Pro...  It told me there could be some problems using that background.  So, I should be able to make everything work with the original backgrounds that actually came with Crazytalk?  I will keep experimenting.  I am sure that with enough trial and error, I should be able to get something to work?

Reading This Topic