Profile Picture

Help making Avatar for takling mirror (using C# with TTS)

Posted By thijse 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Help making Avatar for takling mirror (using C# with TTS)

Author
Praise.png
thijse
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)Veteran Member (548 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
In a few weeks my daughter will turn 5 and, as a present, I am making a talking mirror for her: behind a semi-reflective mirror I placed a monitor that displays information about the day to come: I run a C# .NET/WPF application that fetches our family's Google Calendar and shows whether it is a school-day or not, who is going bring an pick her up from school, how many nights until her birthday, etc. 
Additionally, I am using the Microsoft TTS speech engine with a Dutch SAPI5 voice, to narrate the story. 

Until yesterday, I thought I was nearly ready. However, I've just come across CrazyTalk, and am now thinking how much of a hero I would be to my daughter if her mirror would show Elsa (from Frozen, obviously) would tell her about her day.

Long introduction, now the question: would I be able to make an animated Avatar that talks synchronously with my (dynamically generated) text? Is there an easy way to integrate the avatar in a C# application?  Can I use parts of the Unity plugin without Unity?

So, now for some emotional blackmail: if anybody could help me get this to work, it would make a little girl enormously happy!!

Reading This Topic